Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
We’re building a Product & Engineering team where people can do their best work. A team that sits right at the heart of the business. We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Head of Engineering to scale an an area of the product and engineering function.
We have Python and TypeScript services running across Kubernetes (EKS) and Lambda functions. Our persistence is a mix of Aurora (Postgres) and DynamoDB. We have structure in place from hiring and levelling to how we make technical decisions that will allow the right people to thrive!
As a Head of Engineering you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of managers and engineers to build products that will have a huge impact on our platform, and our customers. As well as providing technical direction, you will manage group performance, mentor each team, review system design changes and support the hiring and training of new team members. You will also convert group level objectives into team objectives and ensure the teams are focused and motivated.
What Excites You:
- The opportunity to collaborate and have a meaningful impact across the wider engineering function, whilst scaling high performing engineering teams.
- Influencing organisational structure and supporting technical vision and strategy
- Providing strategic and design expertise working directly with the CTO to effectively scale our platform, to provide an outstanding experience for our growing customer base.
- Ensure best practice software engineering and system design patterns by working directly with your teams and through performance metrics.
What Excites Us:
- Experience leading Engineering Managers and individual contributors, providing a supportive and engaging environment whilst promoting the highest standards in engineering best practice and operational excellence.
- Demonstrable experience hiring, coaching and developing engineering teams
- Evidence of shipping high complexity high usage tier one services.
- Evidence of maintaining and improving on existing high complexity high usage tier one services.
🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays
🧠All permanent employees receive 5 extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it
🚀Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside
🚑Private Medical Health Insurance, covering Dental & Vision Insurance
💙Supplementary Pension Insurance
👶Enhanced parental leave
📚£1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies. Plus 6 days study leave per year
🖥£150 to create an awesome remote work experience
⭐️WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £100 award in the eGift card of their choice
☕️Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG