Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
The Zepz Corporate IT team sits at the heart of the organization and is critical to ensure continuing evolution of our infrastructure enabling the Technology team to facilitate the design and execution of product features and capabilities – both to better serve our customers and to stay on the forefront of innovation.
We are a part of the Technology Team at Zepz which is (currently) a 200-strong organisation, which includes software engineering, information security, corporate IT and our cloud platform infrastructure.
The role reports directly to the UK & US IT Manager and is based at our Cebu, Philippines office. Given the significant growth of the company over the last year, this position is aimed at supporting and executing improvements to the internal IT infrastructure and to assist the UK IT Manager in managing and improving operational IT functions for the global organisation.
The role will form a critical part of the Global IT Operations Team – it will cover a number of responsibilities (key skills outlined below) and will require someone with proven experience in supporting and running projects designed to add functionality and stability to a global IT infrastructure, in line with business requirements. We are in the process of automating basic processes, and this role will be heavily involved in this process, allowing the team members to focus on value-added activities.
As a member of Zepz IT team you will aim high, embrace challenge, and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long-term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Philipines IT Manager, you will:
- Provide critical desktop support to ensure all end user compute platforms (Windows, Mac and Chrome) are being supported and kept available across Desktop, Printing, Email, and desktops services
- Assist in procuring and rolling out hardware for all London and other office locations
- Create and review the desktop build process. Maintain all corporate • Active Directory accounts including exposure to Azure or AWS back-office technologies
- Provide remote desktop support
- Be involved with new projects within the Corporate IT infrastructure and security teams
- This job is based in Cebu, Philippines but open to candidates who are outside of Cebu and are willing to transfer to Cebu.
- The successful candidate will be required to work during the weekends
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 3 years 2nd line service desk/desktop engineering experience.
- Experience with Windows and Mac technologies (Linux and Chrome will be an advantage)
- Experience with JIRA or any service desk software such as Zendesk, Freshservice, Service Now, etc.
- Windows Server knowledge
- Solid Active Directory Experience (GPO configurations)
- Proficiency in scripting and automation technologies e.g Powershell/Python desirable.
- Experience with O365 and Google Suite cloud platforms
- Experience with Okta or other SSO environments,
- Experience with Jamf/Kandji/MS endpoint manager (Intune)
- Understanding of AV and IM technologies
- Strong eye for security technologies and its importance within a global corporate IT setting
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Strong customer service experience and friendly attitude
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track and implement projects
- Cultural fit – We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative • culture, always eager to help and support internal users with solving problems
- Looking for someone with the aptitude and ability to learn and grow with the company and tech stack, loves challenges and a dynamic environment
- Team player, collaborative, and cooperative mindset
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.