We are building Fable because stress, anxiety, depression, and social isolation are on the rise and affecting people globally, across all age and income levels — and we can help. Stories promote empathy, emotional intelligence, and other cognitive abilities that can lead to better mental health. Just 30 minutes of reading every day can improve our mental well-being. Fable helps our community make reading a daily healthy habit. Community members enjoy the many benefits of reading while making deeper human connections with other readers. We are backed by top investors, including Redpoint Ventures, Tiger Global, M13, Gaingels, and notable angel investors who believe in our mission and team.
🏗 WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
Fable is a community-powered platform for discovering, reading, and discussing books, articles, and podcasts, for deeper connections, upskilling, and mental wellness.
Fable makes it easy for people to discover, join and build communities to read together based on their interest graph. Fable members read together, sharing highlights, comments and insights. We make reading interactive and fun in the Fable eReader.
Fable helps people organize all of their reading in one central place. Members can create reading “Lists,” share their lists, follow other members, import their reading lists from other platforms, and rate and review books. We make personalized recommendations based on your reading preferences.
Every day, Fable helps members set and reach their reading goals to reap the wellness benefits of reading. Our communities set their own milestones to pace themselves and fill the micro-moments in their lives with stories.
We are looking for an experienced analytics engineer with a deep understanding of data modeling, analysis, and visualization to build out our data and metrics ecosystem, and uncover insights that will help us build the world's best mobile platform for social reading.
💪🏽 WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop data models and pipelines to enable reporting and modeling
- Uncover and build out a metrics ecosystem with the right set of north star, business and operational metrics
- Build dashboards that will be heavily used by key decision-makers
- Dig deep into a rich trove of data to identify insights that will unlock network effects and fuel growth
- Be an advocate of data-driven thinking and communicate data and metrics to the entire company!
✔️ SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Thought leadership to ideate with business leaders, identify areas of opportunity, and influence decisions
- Curiosity to understand business needs and translate them to the right questions to ask of the data
- Ability to come up with insights from data and influence stakeholders to take action
- Excellent partnership and communication skills
- Expertise in SQL, Python and/or R, and data visualization libraries/tools
- Experience in data modeling and creating data pipelines
😊 IS THIS YOU?
- You're self-motivated, and take ownership and responsibility
- You love working with smart, fun, sincere and dedicated peers
- You want to be the one to make it happen
- You are resilient and can cope with ambiguity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and at times unpredictable start-up environment
- Big plus if you have a love for stories and reading!
👐🏽 YOUR TEAM AT FABLE
At Fable, you'll join a passionate, high-performing and empathetic team of people who love stories. We are proud to work on a purpose-driven product with a mission of improving mental wellness. We are a tech company with the soul of an artist. We are an early-stage startup and as such a constant work in progress. We have no time for bureaucracy and are looking for leaders, not spectators. We listen, understand, and consider before we judge. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and have a set of values that are an integral part of our company culture. Please check out our diversity and inclusion manifesto and company values here.
🔑 WHY WORK AT FABLE
This is a unique opportunity if you are looking to join a small team making a big impact, and work on a fast-growing product while having fun along the way.
- Annual Base Pay for this role: $120k - $160k (dependent on location and commensurate with experience)
- Competitive stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible vacation days
- Self contributing 401k
- Open and transparent culture
- Parental leave (we believe in life integration not just work-life balance)
- Work from anywhere, any time
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FABLE?
- Check out our Founder’s message, meet our team and read our principles to make sure we are right for you
- Listen to our Founder talk about mental wellness and stories
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a gender-balanced team committed to diversity and an inclusive environment.