The leading platform to discover independent boutiques and brands, recently named Retail Week's 'Best Retailer Under £250M'. Trouva connects a global customer-base with the best independent bricks-and-mortar boutiques from across the UK and Europe. Our independent community offers a unique curation of established, new and emerging brands across homewares, fashion and lifestyle, that you won’t find anywhere else. Following the acquisition by Re:Store at the end in 2023, Trouva will be partnering on the build and rollout of the next generation of social commerce, leveraging its unrivaled network to push boundaries and change the way people browse and buy.
We are looking for a Finance Executive to join our Finance and Legal team. We are looking for someone who is excited by a broad role that gives them responsibility in many areas of finance including:
- Identifying areas for improvement in our finance processes and helping to drive efficiency, this will include research into new technologies and supporting with implementation;
- Being a key part of the process for paying our retailers, working closely with our retail operations team to answer any retailer queries;
- Working with the Financial Controller and Senior Finance Executive to prepare the month-end management accounts, this involves working across all areas of finance including journals, accruals, reconciliation, tax etc;
- Running and improving our day-to-day finance processes such as accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Supporting with the preparation of our statutory accounts and tax returns;
- Supporting the team with overseas tax registrations and management of our overseas entities, helping us to remain compliant with local laws;
- Helping the CFO and business with ad hoc queries and projects.
Who you are
We are looking for a process-oriented, tech-savvy, adaptable and organised Finance Executive who would like to work across all aspects of Finance at an exciting time for the Trouva business. This role would be well-suited to an individual who is thorough, enjoys getting into the detail, following processes and improving them. We are looking for someone who is able to multitask, has strong problem solving skills, is self-motivated and excited by the diverse range of opportunities and challenges that being part of the Trouva team will bring.
In terms of skills:
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles (we would consider supporting the right candidate through accounting exams)
- A minimum of 1-1.5 years finance experience, in-house experience is beneficial but not necessary
- Intermediate level excel as a minimum
- A strong academic background
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays plus any applicable public holidays
- Quarterly wellness perks
- Flexible remote working policy
- Regular team events were we celebrate our success and people
- Need tech or equipment? We provide you with everything you need to get the job done
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products, and a Trouva giftcard to get something awesome for your desk.