The best thing our engineers love about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. Developers are involved within the lifetime of the product, not only on the technical side.
Stability is a significant factor, but we do not hesitate to experiment and are never shy of building groundbreaking features to change the overall customer experience. We have a future-proof tech stack consisting of the latest technologies and are always curious to explore newer ones! Wanna join?
You will work with talented people from all around the world and use agile development principles. We love to help each other, and our power comes from the team game. We are a hardcore Agile team, always iterating and striving for a better, faster, and more scalable product.
You will take an active role in improving our tech stack and processes, and connecting with fellow FE peers in guide meetings to keep each other up to date with new developments in the market and best practices.
The Senior Frontend Developer will be part of the B2C Engineering Department, building the shopping experience for millions of customers across the world. Our B2C platform is built in PHP and Node.js microservices and the frontend is in React. This is what you will be doing:
- Coding: writing clean, maintainable, optimised, and scalable code
- Writing unit and integration tests and collaborating with other engineers in code reviews.
- Delivering on time: committing and deploying solutions within given time constraints
- Owning: taking a proactive approach and ownership of the tasks. Monitoring the tasks on production and making sure everything runs smoothly and as expected
- Improving: for any given task try to understand "the why" and suggest alternative solutions if needed. Improving the current setup and code to enhance performance
- Sharing: having good, direct, and clear communication with your colleagues. Contributing to the culture of feedback to keep learning and preventing issues (code and teamwork) from becoming critical. Attaching careful attention to documentation.
You are an experienced Software Engineer, you know what it takes to deliver great code and you feel comfortable suggesting improvements to existing features and processes. You have a positive mindset and always think of solutions rather than problems. Thanks to that attitude you create a positive work environment for you and your colleagues. An environment where you deliver better code every day. Besides that you have:
- You have solid experience with React, NodeJS, HTML, CSS, and Typescript
- Experience in designing and building large-scale React applications or applications with similar component-based UI libraries
- Experience in E-commerce and transactions
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with Graphql is a plus
- Fluency in English