Are you passionate about transforming education and empowering learners worldwide? Coursera, the world's largest online learning platform, is on a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. With over 118 million registered learners and partnerships with 300+ top universities and industry leaders, including Google, IBM, and Duke University, Coursera offers a diverse range of content and credentials, from courses and Specializations to Professional Certificates and bachelor's and master's degrees.
As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
Coursera Degrees Team is a diverse, cross-functional team that includes engineers, product experts, designers, marketers, researchers and recommendation engine optimizers. Our goal (or 'north star') is to increase the number of new learners who discover Coursera degrees and ultimately become degree students (in order to earn the degree credentials & transform their lives). We do this through data-driven experimentation and optimization. These changes we hypothesize will attract new degree learners and optimize their experience when landing on our platform in search of finding a degree and helping them feel confident taking the next steps.
- Lead effective technical design discussions that result in technical decisions and impact.
- Build, and operate understandable, testable, maintainable systems.
- Work closely with other engineers and business stakeholders to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions using common patterns and technology.
- Generate and test hypotheses about our product through feature ideation and user behavior analysis.
- Improve quality, performance, availability and resiliency of our systems and teams by proposing and leading projects that provide leverage and improve developer productivity.
- Be an effective teammate by mentoring and guiding other engineers to help them improve their craft so they’re more effective and you scale your expertise.
- 6+ years of experience making a strong impact as a software engineer.
- You have proven experience designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g ).
- Experience thriving in, and contributing to a highly productive team environment with a strong sense of ownership, high standards and a bias for action (at Coursera we ship value to our learners multiple times a day).
- With a data-informed mindset, you are strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis.
- Leadership and mentorship track record with exceptional remote collaboration skills.
- Expertise building and integrating user identity systems: sign-in, Authentication, SSO, onboarding.
- Security experience: fraud detection, malicious traffic blocking.
If this opportunity excites you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Machine Learning
- Applied Data Science with Python
- Improving your statistical inferences
- Building Scalable Java Microservices with Spring and Boot