CIL is an international management consultancy that helps clients to grow their businesses, build value and invest wisely across a wide range of sectors. Our engagements are typically short (4-6 weeks) and involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses.
Although we work in structured teams, we are socially non-hierarchal and inclusive. We think ‘a culture’ is something other firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ. We have roughly 200 employees spanning across 5 offices in London, Frome (near Bath), Chicago, Munich and Paris. Our Frome office offers all the benefits of a consulting career from a base in the Somerset countryside.
Our Frome office is located 30 minutes from Bath and 45 minutes from Bristol. It offers the opportunity to pursue a City career whilst enjoying the benefits of working in the countryside - our projects are staffed with CILers across our Frome and London offices.
Frome is located in rural Somerset and is well-known for its cobbled streets, independent shops and monthly market. The area boasts lower living costs than that of a major city, and offers a variety of countryside trails to explore.
The Frome office is known for being a close-knit environment, with around 40 staff aligned.
CIL is looking for exceptional people to join our team as Senior Analysts. A Senior Analyst is a Manager-in-training – you might be responsible for running a significant workstream under the guidance of one of our experienced project managers, or managing a smaller project in its own right. You will be expected to take a large amount of responsibility from an early stage and in a client-facing role from the outset.
Your work will involve:
- Leading and conducting detailed, rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Identifying and removing roadblocks in the research process for yourself and others in your team.
- Working directly with clients that routinely demand the very highest standards.
- Building market models to understand and articulate commercial issues to the team and client.
- Supporting programmes in different internal functions and getting first-hand experience of how businesses really work.
Specific requirements of applicants:
- Experience at a relevant organisation (particularly from accounting, consulting, corporate finance or corporate backgrounds), with experience of carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Some experience of managing and going the extra-mile to help others. We would like candidates to exhibit our core values across their work experience – supportiveness, integrity and excellence.
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage.
- Previous exposure to private equity and / or commercial due diligence is an advantage. Typically, our Senior Analysts have 2-4 years of combined experience.