Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
The Brand Partnerships team works with brands interested in engaging with the Strava community, delivering an innovative and exciting alternative to standard advertising channels and formats. As an established Partner Manager on the team, you will know how to engage with and sell to marketers and agencies. You are knowledgeable about your client’s business challenges and goals. You know how to align Strava’s sponsorship and social media solutions to deliver on their objectives. You are accomplished at selling a value-based proposition, and can navigate, guide and convince stakeholders from entry level to C-suites executives. You are comfortable working in a dynamic business environment with challenging new business sales goals. You know what is required to hit your targets whilst providing world class customer service. You will be working in a close-knit team of sales, account management and operations, making extensive contributions to our business strategy and product road map, by collecting and sharing partner feedback.
Strava has a positive and supportive culture - we are looking for inquisitive, humble, hard working and collaborative team mates able to balance challenging revenue goals and partner value with Strava user value.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Drive revenue and lead the full cycle sales process including prospecting new leads, navigating partner organisations, negotiating contracts, and closing new business within your customer verticals.
- Provide digital sponsorship recommendations based on partner needs, requirements and goals.
- Work cross functionally (Partner Operations, Legal, Product, CRM & Marketing) to build and deliver local as well as global digital sponsorships.
- Serve as the voice of the customer by surfacing feedback and sponsor trends internally.
- Educate customers on Strava’s values and seek out and prioritize partners who are aligned with our mission and vision.
- Develop immersive brand activations that delight your clients as well as Strava athletes.
You will be successful here by:
- Leveraging your experience to generate a healthy pipeline, leading to secure revenue and quota attainment.
- Educating prospective customers on our solutions in a consultative and trustworthy manner.
- Optimally partnering and collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure the best outcome for Strava business customers as well as Strava users.
- Selling on value and return of investment rather than technical specifications.
- Crafting demand by uncovering customer problems and ways our solutions can tackle them.
- Understanding prioritization between different opportunities and quickly learning to balance both inbound and outbound sales.
- Maintaining a good CRM cadence and adherence to support forecasting and revenue achievement.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have 5+ years of full sales cycle experience in a digital advertising environment.
- You have insight of, or hands on experience in the world of digital marketing, and have the ability to provide credible advice to B2B marketing teams looking to work with Strava to achieve their objectives.
- You understand how to sell internally as well as externally.
- You have experience with and thoroughly enjoy working with operations and customer success teams to deliver a great customer experience.
- You are a well versed storyteller and presenter, able to engage your audience and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- You are highly organized and experienced in using a CRM tool.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.