Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Head of Copy / Lead Copywriterhas an incredible portfolio showcasing years of work in an agency setting, exhibiting high-level conceptual pieces and flashes of creative strategy. This candidate can blend entertaining and attention-grabbing copy with authenticity and thoughtfulness. Our ideal candidate can crack a brief with an inspired, on-strategy big idea, but is also a wordsmith who dives deep into the craft. In this role, you will be responsible for working hands-on with and overseeing customer-focused campaigns (B2B and B2C) and digital experiences for our brand and portfolio of digital products. You’ll need to be solutions-oriented and collaborative. Taking ownership of campaigns, working with partners, and inspiring other creatives on our team to deliver high-quality results. We’re looking for someone who can help us grow our brand, invite in new customers, and evolve our identity.
- Craft expert copy that is easily understood by our customers while highlighting the GA differentiators in its tone and voice
- Push the boundaries of creativity to find new and clever ways to communicate with our existing and future customers
- Work closely with the marketing and creative team to implement specific messaging and communication to our customers
- Work closely with the agency and external partners to ensure consistency in brand tone and voice
- Convert information from cross-functional teams and product experts and edit to reflect the proper tone and style of the GA brand
- Work closely with our content manager who focuses on long-term content strategy and implementation
- Confidently balance multiple priorities and assignments at any given moment
• Consumer/lifestyle branding experience
• Senior-level conceptual thinker and creative strategist
• You have a portfolio showcasing strong creative writing samples utilized in real-world campaigns
• You enjoy pushing the boundaries of traditional copywriting
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or similar and/or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of experience in copywriting, preferably with e-commerce, direct-to-consumer organization
- Razor-sharp attention to detail
- Strong understanding of digital best practices
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and ability to motivate others
- Ability to provide a working atmosphere that is positive and productive
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members and colleagues
- Some journalistic experience working with PR Team to craft prep packs, review press releases, and author some press-ready materials from internal subject matter experts
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $82,000 and $105,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement, and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave, and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US-based locations only. Non-US-based candidates interested in this position can email email@example.com for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.