*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS campus (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The Growth team at UNiDAYS is constantly looking for new ways to support our mission of supporting, enabling and inspiring young people to be their best selves. UNiDAYS is well known for the amazing retail experience that we offer to members via the UNIDAYS Marketplace, and now we are looking for further ways to impact member lives.
Personal development and self-growth for students is a priority. By working directly with them and our strategic partners we help students identify and improve their options. By assessing their current abilities and personal development status, we deliver the appropriate resources from soft to hard skills - all with the goal of enhancing members' employability and overall wellbeing.
We partner with some of the biggest brands in the world, but potentially our biggest impact will be ensuring that students enter the “real world” with the best grades, good mental health and valuable skills.
The role in a nutshell
The Growth Manager - Wellbeing will be responsible for setting out the strategy for how UNiDAYS can work with its partners to have the biggest positive impact we can on student and graduate personal development and wellbeing. Young people are facing a mental health crisis, and our members have been telling us this themselves. At the same time they face a dizzying array of options with thousands of technological solutions available.
You will lead a cross functional team including sales, marketing and creative resource to deliver these solutions to our members in the best possible way, reaching them both on and off the UNiDAYS network. You will need to work closely with other parts of the core business, such as Product, to ensure that there is a seamless transition between different parts of the UNiDAYS experience.
You will help us to understand the most exciting market opportunities for our members, who we should partner with and how we should structure those partnerships. You will help us to assess the potential of different partnerships and how we maximise their performance. Working with the greater venture team and strategic external partnerships you will help by any means necessary, the growth of new areas of interest. Working with your team on marketing plans one day and working on UX flows and getting hands on customer experience the next.
This role is predominantly remote so you will need to be able to plan your working week effectively, using your calendar and a variety of tools to communicate with the team.
Day to day responsibilities
- Leading a cross functional team to deliver Wellbeing and Personal Development solutions to UNiDAYS members
- Ensure that the team is focused on hitting individual KPIs that cascade up to departmental KPIs
- Ensuring that the team are all pulling in the same direction to deliver outcomes for our members
- Talking to both partners and customers to keep the team focused on the problems that matter
- Negotiating commercial agreements with novel structures for UNiDAYS
- Provide regular reporting to Growth leaders and senior management
What we need from you
Due to the nature of Growth, you will need to work with a lot of ambiguity. This can be difficult when understanding the product and service you want to develop! The ability to work with what you have, moving in fast small steps and being able to prioritise what’s important at any time will be important. Marketing new products to an existing user base will involve working closely with both your own team and with other teams across the business. You will need to be able to develop strong supportive relationships.
Not everything will work, but fear not. We believe in failing fast, learning and moving forward. You will need to be excited, creating a feeling of momentum within the group. You will be the supporting glue in a small team, keeping upbeat and organised, communicating to the venture group as a whole and just making things happen.
The nature of the work is fast paced, hands on and there’s a bit of everything. Let’s be real, this isn’t a PowerPoint for the win job it’s got substance! Our venture teams work in small multidisciplinary squads but we encourage a supportive structure so you won’t ever be stuck out on your own.
Useful Specific Skills/Experience
- Commercial experience, managing or working with cross functional teams.
- Ideally experience within the Mental health/Wellness/Personal Development industry
- Demonstrable experience in closing commercial deals with non standard structures
- Understanding of the US education system and market
- Experience working on the US market
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within the business with global reach. We are the world’s largest Student Affinity Network, with over 22 million verified members in 115 markets including the US, UK, Germany, India, Canada and Australia. We work with 800 of the world’s biggest brands globally, taking their products and services into the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s professionals, delivering engagement, building affinity and sales. You’ll also be working for a Great Place to Work CertifiedTM company who have been recognised on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Wellbeing and UK's Best Workplaces for Women 2022 list. To find out more about our workplace initiatives, see our UK exclusive case study with Great Place to Work and be sure to visit our profile for more information.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact. We believe that work should enhance and complement your life which is why we leave it up to you to decide where you work. You can choose to work from your assigned campus (either Nottingham or London) or from home, whatever works best for your individual needs. Your manager may request you attend team meet ups at your campus but other than that it is up to you! We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
Our perks include:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service, plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 4pm finishes every Friday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance (Vitality)
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Core hours with flexibility around how/when you manage your time
- Regular team building activities
- The latest tech and hardware will be supplied from day one
- Good Vibes Program: we know we’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working and UNiDAYS has always taken pride in the community we’ve created in the office but we’re just as committed to creating an innovative approach to fostering connections and improving engagement outside of the office! We want to boost your remote working experience so think virtual parties, pottery classes, wellness classes and guest speakers just to name a few!
- Support for home working for all new team members. We will help assess your home set up and you can expense £150 towards any additional furniture you may need to be safe and comfortable when working from home
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.