Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
The Director of Regional Marketing Strategy for APAC will play a pivotal role alongside their global functional partners, in driving Zepz user growth, send volume growth, and revenue growth across the APAC region. The Regional Marketing Strategy director recommends the marketing strategy & calendar with their team and counterparts for key APAC send markets, coordinates cross functionally for their delivery, raises the bar in the way these are executed locally by their team across the region, and works with strategic pay-out partners in the region for recipient communication strategies.
The role will be responsible for regional activities driving sender growth, volume growth and revenue growth for all Zepz brands, as well as informing the strategies to improve existing customer retention in the region.
The Director of Regional Marketing Strategy will be part of the global Zepz marketing leadership team and work closely with functional Performance Marketing, CRM, Analytics, Program Management, Creative and Brand & Product Marketing teams to deliver on the region’s growth ambitions. They are also a key partner for regional operational, pricing, product and compliance teams.
They will be someone who is able to bring experience of scaling digital user growth within the region, and ideally among the region’s diaspora across the world. You will have a passion for impact, experimentation, creative problem solving and most importantly serving millions of customers across multiple geographies.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will:
- Recommend regional marketing strategies and budgets
- Own regional marketing budget accountability and optimization
- Inform global functional marketing plans for the APAC region (ie. CRM, Performance Marketing, Product Marketing)
- Inform the adoption of global content and campaigns to fit local market and audience needs
- Regional marketing team planning, hiring and eNPS
- Regional marketing vendor relationships in key send and receive markets
- Regional partner brand and co-marketing relationships
- Regional growth playbooks, learning loops, and upward momentum
What you bring to the table:
- Able to demonstrate a bias for action
- Curiosity - fed by a hunger to understand audiences, learn new ways to execute at pace, and test your way into accelerated growth
- Growth mindset - proven success in delivering digital product growth
- Experience within the Financial Services sector in the region an advantage
- Experience Marketing to the APAC diaspora is an advantage
- Be comfortable working across a matrix organization, and able to manage multiple stakeholders across teams
- Business acumen/commerciality and an analytical approach - be able to evaluate channel and campaign performance to drive ROI
- Cross channel experience across both ATL, Owned and Performance Marketing channels
- Excellent fit to our cultural commitments (above)
Bonus points if you:
- Are a cook, a playwright, an actor, photographer, or a gardener, architect, marathon runner, pro-tennisser or poet, or perhaps an inventor, engineer, accountant, novelist or visual artist. An immigrant, or offspring or grandchild of immigrants, or someone who has spent their life in one place but dreamt of the world beyond. Because if you’re one of these or none of these, you’ll probably find someone just like you at Zepz.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.