Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You are a skilled developer that pays attention to every detail of the user experience and code. You like working with data and you are not afraid of having to deal with tables with millions of rows. You have experience working with event-based architecture, subscription lifecycle processors and 3rd party integrations. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
What You’ll Do
- Build features, APIs, and services across our entire stack
- Improve our integrations in partnership with our data team
- Help your teammates with system design and code reviews.
- Develop awesome marketing tools that help us personalize Chess.com for our members
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Good eye to spot bugs and suggest improvements in code reviews
- Experience with Amplitude or other event tracking systems
- 5+ years PHP experience (Symfony preferred)
- Excellent understanding of software design and architectural patterns
- Experience with SQL schema design and query optimization
- Experience with across programming softwares such as MySQL, Git & GitHub, Doctrine, Redis, PHPUnit/PHPSpec, Resque, and Development VMs: Vagrant/VirtualBox
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere
You can learn more about us here: