South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a member of our Finance team, you are fully responsible for the process the Accounts Receivable (AR) in Switzerland. In coordination with other South Pole employees across the globe, you ensure accurate and timely management of all related transactions. The position stands out by the possibility to learn on the job and the ability to gain new skills as you grow in your role. In addition, you assist in closings, are involved in specific accounting projects and collaborate in process improvements, amongst others. Join us to become part of our motivated and diverse team of finance experts.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage approval process of incoming receivable invoice requests from stakeholders
- Process receivable invoices in our ERP
- Review and reimburse expenses reports
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Reconcile Intercompany accounts
- Coordinate daily business and specific projects with employees around the globe
- Administer accounts receivables process independently
- Collaboration in the dunning process
- Liaise with Project Managers on various client matters
- Deputy for the Accounts Payable specialist
- Actively support the finance team with monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Federal diploma of commercial apprenticeship (M-Profil), or comparable education
- Relevant experience in the field of Accounting is a plus
- High-energy, flexible and responsive working style
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent German and English skills
- Swiss national, or holder of a valid required work visa in Switzerland
- Full scope knowledge of the accounting function
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.