Oliva is proper mental healthcare for employers who want to make a real impact on both their teammates’ lives and their organisation’s performance.
Combining a curated team of highly-qualified mental health professionals, personalised therapist matching by real humans, dedicated training & support for managers, and a hassle-free digital experience, we're the UK & Europe’s first mental healthcare solution that can truly support employees with a broad spectrum of mental health needs.
We've raised funding from two of Europe's best venture capital firms and various top-notch angels. And now, we're looking for a top notch Senior Product Designer to embark on this journey with us.
This isn't just any job. We want to make a meaningful impact on an industry that changes people’s lives. The ideal candidate is not only an experienced Senior Product Designer, but also someone who’s passionate about joining a movement to reimagine modern mental healthcare.
We are looking for our second Senior Product Designer! You’ll work closely with Ben, our Head of Product, and our technology team to build our product so it goes on to impact millions of peoples mental health journey. In the role you will be the Senior Product Designer for one of our product squads, taking full ownership over the design and interaction of the product. You will lead and collaborate on the product discovery (along with your Product Manager) to understand deeply the problems to solve and the best solutions for it. You will then collaborate very closely with our engineering team to design and deliver the best features that enhance the experience of our users and positively impact their mental health needs.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing digital products and services, from interaction concepts to the smallest details across all platforms. Own the end-to-end design process from the very early research to beautiful final UI. Contribute to the creation of a consistent experience for Oliva users.
- Synthesising and interpreting large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. Conduct user research to identify main user insights and opportunity spaces, and transform these into powerful concepts and designs ready for implementation.
- Collaborating with the product manager and other team members in the ideation of projects. And lead the design process across their entire lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Working with the engineering team to ensure fluid delivery from early ideation til final quality insurance post build.
- Being humble and remembering that we are cooperating and working for real people. Listen to users. Users’ feedback based on research informs where we are and where we are going.
- Working closely with different teams and stakeholders to get feedback and align on your design concepts.
- Collaborating with other designers on global execution, best practices, guidelines and design system.
- Being 100% Autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of the projects, and be responsible for getting things done on time.
- Bringing something more than just the execution, we expect from you a creative and proactive mind able to surprise us.
You are a Senior Product Designer passionate about mental health. Having worked in early stage startups before, you will enjoy building from scratch and will not be afraid to wear many hats. Ownership and collaboration are among your strengths with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical peers. You are seeking an opportunity to make a real impact and to do this with use of research and insights to navigate how you work. The impact you can have on our product is limitless and you’ll thrive.
You’ll be successful if you:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience designing digital products
- Experience in fast-paced or startup environment working with agile/lean methodologies and design thinking
- Experience in interaction design methods such as wireframing, concept models, scenarios and user flows.
- Expert level of the main product designer tools: Figma, the basics of the Adobe pack as Illustrator, Photoshop... Prototyping tools as Marvel, Figma, Principle or Origami its a plus too.
- You have “user-centric / people-focused” mind. You always try to own your amazing ideas through users real feedback. Whether through hands-on user research or by working on different options for an A/B test.
- You are an excellent team player and a great communicator. You feel comfortable interacting with everyone. Especially users. You love your users.
- You have an amazing online portfolio that you wish to share with us.
- You are self driven and excel in environments, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Bonus points if:
- You have experience designing native mobile apps.
We come to work each day knowing that we're contributing to a truly meaningful mission: to improve the mental health of millions of people worldwide.
On top of this, you get:
- A healthy salary and early-employee stock options in a rapidly growing startup
- Plenty of paid time off to relax and recharge your batteries
- Private medical insurance
- Free therapy—and encouragement to take advantage of it
- Professional learning & development opportunities to help you grow
- An autonomous, vibrant, and flexible work environment
- Travel once per quarter to a team event
Diversity & inclusion
We know the tech industry has a diversity problem. Without proactively addressing this, we could easily end up hiring a lot of very similar people. So we’re enthusiastically encouraging applications from underrepresented groups in our industry. We hire with fairness and awareness—and we mean it.
Whoever you may be: regardless of age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, background, or identity, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments during the interview process, let us know and we’ll accommodate.
Oliva is a tight-knit, experienced, and passionate team of engineers, designers, marketers, and psychologists. We’ve all been through our own battles with burnout, anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. And while we’ve all had both positive and less positive experiences with mental healthcare, we know first-hand that talking through your problems makes a massive difference once you find the right person.
Who we are
Our co-founders, Javier Suarez and Sançar Sahin, have both experienced the emotional highs and lows of scaling successful tech startups and lived to tell the tale. Javier co-founded the business travel startup TravelPerk—which went on to serve thousands of businesses and employ hundreds of people—and previously led innovation at Booking.com. Sançar has led marketing teams at Typeform, Hotjar, and GetApp.
If you’ve ever felt like you needed mental health support but had no idea where to start, you’re in good company. Our goal is to stop people feeling like that.
You will need to be based in EU or UK for the role but you can be based from home.