Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
As a member of Zepz SEO & Content Marketing team, you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s direction and decision making.
As the Technical SEO & Web Experience Manager, you will help to grow our Organic Search presence and improve customer experience across key remittance markets and send/receive corridors globally.
You will help to shape, execute and improve a robust strategy for both our websites and apps to deliver against ambitious growth plans. This will be done chiefly through the lens of Organic Search optimisation but always with a customer-centric viewpoint.
You will own and champion the technical SEO and web experience roadmap in conjunction with the Product team (in some cases acting as Product owner) and be responsible for ideating projects, building business cases to gain stakeholder approval and driving hands-on outputs from the roadmap that lead to favorable outcomes for our business and our customers.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, moving quickly from idea to implementation and setting a strong example within the team.
You feel comfortable proactively collaborating with a wider range of cross-functional stakeholders and departments at all levels, including Marketing, Product and Engineering, and are able to confidently and articulately communicate often complex SEO subject matter tailored to each of these internal audiences. You possess deep, critical thinking skills, be equally comfortable working autonomously and have a passion for self-directed learning in your field.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Director of Global SEO & Content Marketing, you will:
- Contribute to the global SEO strategy, agreeing role-level OKRs against it.
- Own, develop, drive and execute the technical SEO and web experience roadmap, prioritized towards hitting ambitious growth targets against set KPIs.
- Measure the outcomes of your executions and report these back to the business.
- Champion data, analytics, reporting and martech for SEO, taking responsibility to improve the reliability and usefulness of these areas.
- Run regular audits to identify bugs and enhancements, working within Jira to write up concise tickets and manage through to implementation / QA.
- Be aware of projects and initiatives taking place across the business, proactively stepping in where there is an opportunity to protect or enhance technical SEO / CX.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for SEO support from across the business, positioning yourself as an authoritative subject matter expert in the field.
- Manage the technical and analytics SEO agency, establishing a strong partnership and ensuring maximum value is extracted.
What you bring to the table:
- Passionate and highly knowledgeable about SEO and web technologies.
- Significant experience in previous technical / product SEO manager or similar roles.
- Experience working with global brands and international SEO.
- Ability to self-start, stay organized and plan / prioritize workload over time to ensure deadlines are met and work is delivered - sometimes under pressure.
- Project and stakeholder management skills - delivery and outcomes focussed.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication / collaboration skills.
- Critical thinking - highly analytical, able to own, diagnose and solve problems whilst working comfortably with large datasets.
- Fluent in various SEO and analytics tools, platforms and technologies.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.