Job Title: Collections Advisor (Car Financing Team)
Salary: £21,000 + up to 20% bonus (up to 5% paid quarterly) + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday (No weekends) 09.00 - 17.00
Location: Chester-Le-Street, Drum Industrial Estate, DH2 1AN
Please note you must be in the office 5 days a week, so please check the location.
There is minimal public transport to this office so it’s best to drive, free parking available!
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an empathetic and compassionate Collections Advisor to support us on our journey.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The Car Finance Servicing team are now looking for a Collections Advisor to join them. You’ll be part of a team that engages customers facing potential financial difficulties to effectively facilitate a mutual and affordable rehabilitation solution. All members of the team will take a customer centric approach, are agile and diligent in their work striving to provide a fair outcome to each customer.
Our Car Finance Servicing team are a core part of the Operational function. Their main objective is to ensure all customer experiencing financial difficulties receive a fair customer outcome tailored to their situation and basing all rehabilitation options on affordability. The servicing team ensure that when dealing with all customers we meet the FCA regulatory requirements.
What you will be working on:
- Accountability for individual performance and contribution to achieve KPI’s set by the business.
- Ownership of individual performance and personal development.
- Effectively listen and demonstrate empathy and respect to the customer to provide a fair outcome and positive experience throughout.
- Accurately assess and manage the risks associated to customers who are experiencing financial difficulties.
- Identify any potential vulnerability indicators and follow company policy.
- Ensure detailed and accurate customer records are kept and updated accordingly.
- Responsibility for daily workflow completion in line with the collection’s strategy.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with 3rd parties, responding to enquiries in a timely manner and resolving any queries.
- Develop and maintain a good level of knowledge of the relevant industry sector.
What we're looking for:
You’ll be fully trained in all aspects of the role, learning at your own pace.
- Experience in a similar role within a financial services collections environment is preferable.
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Understanding of how to interpret management information reports to enhance performance.
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual target
- Strong communication skills with the ability to actively listen and show empathy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- Extensive and regular training
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Pool table in our Durham office
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.No agencies please.