The Operations Manager will be required to ensure all operations and logistics are run smoothly across the business, working very closely with all of the management team to help provide the best holiday possible for all our guests and to create an enjoyable working environment for all staff. They will also participate in helping to grow the business, and develop new procedures and policies to ensure the business constantly improves.
- Seasonal operations: responsible for all seasonal operations and ensuring all aspects of the business run smoothly including guest arrivals, changeover days, support staff, communication of rota’s and quickly responding to situations to ensure guests receive a seamless service
- Recruitment, training and retention of seasonal staff. Acting as HR manager for the team, ensuring all recruitment and paperwork is completed, including but not limited to contracts, visas, rotas and training manuals.
- Team Management - 2 Full time direct reports and oversee the seasonal teams.
- Supporting the MD with business administration including: managing property owners, invoicing, updating partner sites, maintaining the website
- Source, build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Support the Sales Manager with reactive sales and customer service to help achieve industry leading occupancy levels.
- Responsible for the Central Production Kitchen, Integrating the seasonal team, H & S and product quality.
- Look to proactively manage all the properties in appropriate methods for both owners and Guests. This includes property upkeep, opening and closing of properties, maintenance works and owner account management
- Budgeting - responsible for seasonal budgets and support the MD with property invoicing and management
- Health and Safety - Ensure Health Safety regulations and procedures are in place in a timely manner.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of our product quality across all areas of our delivery, especially around the development of our seasonal offer.
- Oversee the management of our Vehicle fleet.
- As an active member of the management team, this role requires flexibility and completion of other duties may be required at the discretion of the Management Team.
Key Technical Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Behaviors:
- A love of skiing / snowboarding and a genuine enthusiasm for the area
- Highly organised, with excellent attention for detail
- Ability to work independently, with good time management skills
- Confident making impactful decisions quickly
- Calm under pressure, and able to handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Managerial experience: able to delegate, provide feedback and develop strong relationships with the team
- A track record of managing short contract/temporary staff and a natural ability to build the team dynamic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, telecomms (phone) and written/email
- Adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm, you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun with it along the way.
- Previous experience in the ski industry, and ideally in managing catered chalets or a property portfolio is a bonus.
- A passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- Keen to take ownership of and pride in your work, a rollup-your-sleeves attitude to seeing work through and delivering results.
- Experienced working for a small business, and used to considering the bigger picture whilst managing the day to day
- Business French and English, Ideally B1 level or above
- High level of computer literacy, and experience using most if not all of the following programmes: google suite, zoom, asana, chaletmanager, wordpress, stripe, microsoft office programmes
For more information please visit us at www.treelinechalets.com