Who we are
Numan is on a mission to make men healthier. We provide healthcare as men need it, and treat common health conditions with personalised plans that alleviate symptoms and fix root causes. We offer integrated care - including diagnostics, medication & supplements, 1-1 clinical care, and digital programs - in one digital platform, to help patients take control of their health.
Founded in 2018, we’re backed by top-tier investors and have already impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients in the UK, and have created a category leading brand. We have ambitious plans and are expanding the team with talented people who are as excited about the mission as we are.
About the team
Category at Numan is a small strategic function as part of the Growth team - A commercially focussed team responsible for driving the growth engine of the business; acquiring, retaining, upselling and ultimately optimising customer lifetime value. The Category Manager role will report into the Category Lead, who reports into the VP of Growth.
Your role at Numan
Your mission at Numan will be to drive growth of core categories by optimising key commercial levers and introducing new products and services, grounded in customer insight, that are commercially attractive to new and existing customer segments.
- Determine and launch the best opportunities to grow existing categories including new physical product development (e.g., new medication or supplements), pricing, membership models, packaging and partnerships - Physical product development includes: discovery, sourcing, pricing, packaging, and marketing asset development.
- Develop and keep on top of customer insights to inform the category go to market strategies, including market trends, data insights, qualitative, quantitative, desktop research, and market sizing.
- Define, track and improve key category metrics (e.g., sales, churn, retention, LTR, AOV, conversion rate) - and make recommendations to strategies when changes are needed.
- Quantitatively assess the impact of proposed initiatives through financial modelling and research, and prioritise them accordingly.
- Work with partners across all Numan functions to implement changes and bring new developments to market.
- Develop relationships with, and manage supplier partners.
- Work with Supply Chain, Product and Customer Experience to drive (and occasionally make difficult trade-offs across) Revenue, Profitability and Customer Experience.
- Deliver P&L optimisation through negotiating COGs and identifying supply chain opportunity areas to make cost savings.
What experience you bring
We’re looking for an individual with a strong growth mindset who can see the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens. Innovating & influencing come naturally to you. You are an idea generator who can identify and prioritise opportunities that will shift the growth needle across our categories. Collaboration is important to you in order to build equity with the internal teams and external suppliers who you need to bring along with you on the journey.
- 2+ years of cross-functional experience in Sourcing and/or Category Management (added bonus if this is within a healthcare or FMCG environment).
- 1+ years of experience in revenue growth, commercial strategy & planning at manager level.
- Financial numeracy, project management, analytical and core negotiation skills.
- Ability to build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team.
- Problem solver who can adapt quickly.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, complexity and working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and pension contribution.
- Hybrid working with a mix of remote and office based.
- Dog friendly office.
- Health benefits with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Annual Learnerbly budget - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
- Option to have a stake in our growing business.
- Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
- Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
- Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.