Who we are
Numan is on a mission to make men healthier. We provide healthcare as men need it, and treat common health conditions with personalised plans that alleviate symptoms and fix root causes. We offer integrated care - including diagnostics, medication & supplements, 1-1 clinical care, and digital programs - in one digital platform, to help patients take control of their health.
Founded in 2018, we’re backed by top-tier investors and have already impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients in the UK, and have created a category leading brand. We have ambitious plans and are expanding the team with talented people who are as excited about the mission as we are.
At Numan, you will work within the highly innovative and growing sector of healthcare; digital health. You will work alongside some of the biggest experts in the digital health space, as well as having exposure to growth, product and marketing teams. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, together with our customer care team to deliver exceptional patient care.
Our core operational team consists of non-medical prescribers and doctors who ensure patient safety is at the heart of everything we do. You will contribute to multi-disciplinary case-based discussions and treat patients according to national and company guidelines. We are an open-minded team, always seeking new avenues and ideas to provide the best comprehensive healthcare package to our patients. We are accepting applications for full-time and part-time non-medical prescribers to fill this role.
Your mission at Numan
This role involves undertaking phone consultations to discuss weight loss based on underlying principles of lifestyle medicine. You will also be prescribing for patients presenting with weight loss, as well as those with men’s health conditions, as clinically appropriate. You would be expected to prescribe within your clinical competence for any existing and new treatments for weight loss and men’s health, in accordance with our standard operating procedures. You will use our online prescribing platform to make remote prescribing decisions.
- Diagnose, make treatment decisions and prescribe when clinically appropriate, according to our formulary and SOPs.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in general health encompassing weight loss and men’s health conditions, diagnostics and weight loss in accordance to our prescribing areas.
- Conduct in-depth consultations with patients actively trying to lose weight, using the pillars of lifestyle management, to provide the patient with a holistic health management plan.
- Use live chat functionalities to communicate, engage and motivate patients who are undergoing weight loss treatment.
- Provide an appropriate and proactive medicines information and education service to all patients, prescribers and other clinical staff.
- Partake in regular team meetings where you have an opportunity to voice and contribute to service improvement initiatives.
- Follow our standard operating procedures to deliver the best patient care.
- Incorporate principles of excellent customer care into your medicines information practices.
- Review and report on diagnostics such as blood test results.
- Maintain patient records with detail, accuracy and efficiency.
- Reporting incidents when they arise and partaking in incident investigations as required, working closely with the clinical governance manager.
- Proactively identify and voice concerns regarding clinical risks in line with provision of high-quality clinical care.
- Provide exceptional clinical care and advice in accordance to national guideline and in-house evidence-based guidance.
- Engage with any new conditions or treatments that Numan offers in order to provide a wider range of services.
What experience you bring
- Qualified non-medical prescriber registered with the GPhC or NMC, and experience in independent prescribing essential.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a clinical patient facing setting such as primary care, secondary care or digital health.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with perfect grammar and spelling.
- A proven track-record of providing a good customer experience to patients.
- The ability to work within a team but also to work autonomously in providing healthcare provisionment.
- Excellent IT literacy and a history of working with electronic prescribing systems.
- Passionate about delivering best in class patient care, exercising lateral thinking to overcome daily challenges.
- Clinical practice experience in a remote or digital health environment is desirable.
- A passion for telehealth, digital health and telemedicine.
- A dynamic individual who is able to prioritise work tasks effectively.
- Interest or experience in weight management/ obesity treatment or coaching is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge in the principles of lifestyle medicine (Certification in Lifestyle Medicine BSLM Professional or Practitioner) is highly desirable.
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and pension contribution.
- Hybrid working with a mix of remote and office based.
- Dog friendly office.
- Health benefits with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Annual Learnerbly budget - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
- Option to have a stake in our growing business.
- Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
- Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
- Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.