Digital and Social Media Manager
Contract type: Full time, fixed term, 12-month contract. Part time candidates will be considered
Salary: approx ~£31,000-£36,000 depending on experience
Rolling applications, with a view to recruit ASAP.
Location: Shoreditch, London (hybrid working model – minimum 2 days in the office)
We are recruiting an exceptional Digital and Social Media Manager on an initial fixed term, one-year contract to turbocharge Make My Money Matter’s online presence. This role will report into the Campaign Director, with responsibility for managing social media activity, designing and developing creative content, overseeing our website, and building strategies to attract and engage supporters.
We are ambitious about increasing our digital reach, impact and engagement, and want a creative, entrepreneurial digital and social media specialist to help us drive this activity.
Spearheaded by film maker, UN Advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis, Make My Money Matter works to transform the financial system, so it puts people and planet on a par with profit. There’re trillions in UK pensions and banks – we believe that money should be moved from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, into those which help build a future we can be proud of.
Working across banks and pensions, our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: we’re delivering high profile, public campaigning to show the power of our money as a vehicle for good.
- High Profile Partnerships: we’re ensuring all businesses, NGOs, universities, local authorities, and public figures align their money with their values
- Policy and Advocacy: we’re advocating for high impact reforms to government, industry, and regulators to secure long term, systemic change within our financial system
Progress since launch
- £1.3 trillion of UK pension money committed to robust net zero
- An 85 percent increase in public awareness of the link between money and climate change
- 100+ organisations signed up to support our campaign – including IKEA, Tesco, and EY
- 50,000 people acting on their money, with UK brand awareness up to 30%
Our campaign has had significant success since launch in July 2020, and we’re seeking a Digital and Social Media Manager to help us deliver on our ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a digital and social media manager who is passionate about our mission and is excited to join a new campaign working to transform the financial system and tackle the climate crisis.
This is a diverse role requiring someone adept at crafting and delivering online content and strategies. We are seeking someone creative, adaptable, and passionate; a personable and flexible self-starter with experience delivering in a fast-moving and/or start up environment, and an individual with a track record of effective digital communications, storytelling and campaigns.
They must demonstrate excellent understanding of digital techniques that engage and mobilize the public, ideally with experience within the climate, finance or campaigning sectors.
Core responsibilities and tasks:
- Social Media
- Manage Make My Money Matter’s Social Media accounts, and develop and implement strategies that raise our profile, grow our brand, and mobilise new/existing audiences
- Creative content
- Develop creative content, and repurpose existing assets, to amplify the campaign
- Develop key messaging and written content to support the campaign
- Supporter engagement
- Assist on the development and management of MMMM’s supporter engagement strategy, ensuring a growth in the quantity and engagement rates of supporters
- This includes creating content (emails, blogs, social), supporter journeys, strategies and actions that grow membership, improve engagement and deliver objectives
- Oversee the campaign website – including day to day updates, regular content creation and management, and longer-term web development with specialist partners
- Analysis and insights
- Monitor delivery of digital activities, learn from best practice and evidence, and adapt our approach based on these insights to improve performance and achieve objectives
- General Campaign activity
- Support on the design and delivery of stunts, events and other public facing activities
- Help manage partnerships with selected digital agencies and consultants
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working within digital communications, social media marketing or campaigning, with proven record of high performance
- Experience developing and managing digital communications and campaigns, including using platforms such as MailChimp and Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Experience of email marketing, supporter journeys and web development
- Ability to translate complex concepts into digestible, meaningful and engaging content
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills,
- Creative approach with a flair for telling stories in fun and innovative ways
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- A finger on the pulse for engaging audiences on the power of money in tackling global issues
- Team player, with a willingness to get stuck in and a positive and proactive approach
- A commitment to Make My Money Matter’s aims and an understanding of our campaign goals
- Pre-existing authorisation to work in the UK
- Experience of managing projects and organizing public events and stunts
- Experience building partnerships and establishing and maintaining networks
- An ability to identify new opportunities for impact and capitalise on them
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary and generous pension contributions
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Annual wellness subsidy
- Monthly mobile phone bill contribution
- Early finish on payday
- 2 days off per year for volunteering
- Opportunity to make an impact in the world with high-profile, mission-driven organization
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview.
Diversity and inclusion:
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel valued. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds