Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
Working at CarbonChain
To join CarbonChain, you’ll be a keen team player who loves to learn from others. Our company is made up of passionate people with expertise ranging from oil refining to deep learning. Between us we’ve run Amazon’s European supply chain, built JustEat’s corporate meal delivery platform, and monitored industrial emissions with satellites for Al Gore. We’ve got MBAs and PhDs but we know that there’s a lot we don’t know, and we’re hoping you can help fill that gap.
We encourage every member of our team to be the best they can be, whether that’s developing skills through their learning budget or participating in reading groups. Our work requires everybody to straddle the physical and digital worlds, and a growth mindset is essential.
You’ll be working closely with the technologists who develop our product, bringing back insights from the market into what customers and users want. Your feedback will help shape the roadmap, and you’ll be supported by a crack team that loves to ship quickly and get products into customers’ hands.
CarbonChain is looking for an Enterprise Account Executive for our New York office, who will be responsible for developing our initial opportunities into recurring revenue deals. As the first professional sales hire in the organisation, you will report to the CEO.
This position is for someone who has the flexibility to handle an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, ramp up very fast on the technology and the market, and help direct the company’s efforts given your regular contact with prospects and customers.
We need an experienced salesperson who has a proven Software-as-a-Service sales approach, a successful track record of growing and onboarding clients with polished presentation skills, and the experience of working in a start-up.
What will you be responsible for at Carbon Chain?
- Develop and nurture relationships within all our existing accounts and prospects. Be the primary point of contact engagement for all new opportunities.
- Rapidly identify the steps necessary to close opportunities, and work with the COO/CEO to bring those customers on board quickly and with a win-win commercial relationship.
- Become an expert on decarbonization and the challenges we can help our clients overcome on their journey to Net Zero
- Work closely with clients and the Product team to work out what data the client has and how best to access it
- Provide clear and analytical feedback from prospects and customers and ensure that the COO/CEO are frequently directly engaged with these organisations.
- Work closely with the Product team to contribute insights from the market and shape the roadmap
- Demonstrate/sell value to key stakeholders within the accounts during complex sales cycles
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Track all opportunity and customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in the CRM.
- Partner with customer success to ensure high satisfaction within all accounts.
You would be a good fit if you:
- Have a proven track record working in high-touch enterprise segments with B2B enterprise software products
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of software selling experience; SaaS experience preferred
- Start-up experience is a must!
- Experience selling a deeply technical solution, and positioning the commercial value, to VP and C level executives
- Track record of success selling into mid-market and enterprise companies
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles using solution selling techniques
- Experience selling to heavy industry (mining, oil & gas, agriculture, manufacturing) a plus
- Interest in solving climate change a must!
- Validated quota achiever (top 10% in your company)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the US and willingness to come to the NYC office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
What we're offering
- Competitive salary + generous equity package
- Flexible working hours - we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing
- $2,000 annual development allowance for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular social activities
- Generous amount of holidays, 26 days of annual leave
We're striving to build a diverse team and we would love to hear from applicants from backgrounds less frequently represented in technology, be that in terms of gender, race, or professional background.
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!