Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
Working at CarbonChain
To join CarbonChain, you’ll be a keen team player who loves to learn from others. Our company is made up of passionate people with expertise ranging from oil refining to deep learning. Between us we’ve run Amazon’s European supply chain, built JustEat’s corporate meal delivery platform, and monitored industrial emissions with satellites for Al Gore. We’ve got MBAs and PhDs but we know that there’s a lot we don’t know, and we’re hoping you can help fill that gap.
We encourage every member of our team to be the best they can be, whether that’s developing skills through their learning budget or participating in reading groups. Our work requires everybody to straddle the physical and digital worlds, and a growth mindset is essential.
You’ll be working closely with the technologists who develop our product, bringing back insights from the market into what customers and users want. Your feedback will help shape the roadmap, and you’ll be supported by a crack team that loves to ship quickly and get products into customers’ hands.
What will you be responsible for at Carbon Chain?
CarbonChain is looking for a Carbon Emissions Analyst for our New York office to support the execution, research and delivery of CarbonChain products to customers. You will play a key role in sourcing and processing supply chain emissions data that will directly feed into customer facing products.
We are looking for a hands-on Carbon Emissions Analyst, specifically you would be responsible for:
- Supporting supply chain emissions calculations using customer data inputs, internal systems and emissions data
- Carbon emissions data research and collection from public and private sources
- Preparing product carbon footprints or corporate carbon footprints for customers across the agriculture, metals and mining, and oil and gas sectors
- Supporting ongoing improvement of carbon footprint methodology document
- Working in tandem with the product team to iterate and/or develop internal data sourcing, processing and management processes
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or 2+ years experience in finance, accounting or a sustainability-driven technical field
- Knowledge of the commodities sector and supply chain domains across the agricultural, metals and minerals and oil and gas sectors an asset
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reporting standards such as:
- GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard
- GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Accounting and Reporting Standard
- GHG Protocol Product Lifecycle Accounting and Reporting Standard
- ISO 14067 Carbon Product Footprinting Standard
- TCFD Reporting Framework
- PCAF guidelines.
- Previous hands-on work experience processing large volumes of data in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Fluency in English is a MUST, additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to work independently, flexibility to work remotely
- Passion for working on climate change solutions
- Enthusiasm for working in a fun, flexible, and mission-driven start-up
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the US and willingness to come to the NYC office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
What we're offering
- Competitive salary + generous equity package
- Flexible working hours - we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing
- $2,000 annual development allowance for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular social activities
- Generous amount of holidays, 26 days of annual leave
We're striving to build a diverse team and we would love to hear from applicants from backgrounds less frequently represented in technology, be that in terms of gender, race, or professional background.
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!