Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant builders who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. Having developed technology which is significant in advance of competitive solutions, we are now investing heavily in market adoption.
You can find out more about interviewing at CarbonChain at https://www.carbonchain.com/careers/interview-process.
To join Carbon Chain, you’ll be a keen technologist who loves to learn from others. Our company is made up of 10 passionate people with expertise ranging from oil refining to deep learning. Between us we’ve run Amazon’s European supply chain, built JustEat’s corporate meal delivery platform, and monitored industrial emissions with satellites for Al Gore. We’ve got MBAs and PhDs but we know that there’s a lot we don’t know, and we’re hoping you can help fill that gap.
What will you be responsible for at Carbon Chain?
We’re building an industrial-strength carbon accounting solution for the companies that buy from the world’s most polluting sectors. Our product has rapidly grown to serve dozens of the world’s largest commodity traders and their financing banks, and we’re accelerating growth into agriculture and manufacturing.
As our first Product Designer you will play a key role in the company, taking responsibility for user research, ideation, discovery, and the resulting product experience. You will be part of a growing team with a unique opportunity to help shape the culture.
What the job involves:
This role will be responsible for empowering our design and engineering teams to deliver better, more consistent experiences across all of our products:
- This is a role for an individual contributor with a genuine desire to learn from the best and have significant impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing experiences
- Develop & maintain the design and development of a cross-platform design system
- Contribute to the design and user experience for our core product by evolving the design process through documentation and guidelines
- Work directly with product/engineering/design teams to develop and implement tooling with a focus on maintaining quality and speed
- Champion the user experience of our products, and help keep our quality bar as high as possible
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process
- Participate in day-to-day team rituals like design crit, story creation, weekly stand-ups, etc
- Help us hire more amazing people to grow the design team and bring diverse perspectives to our design process
We are particularly interested in T-shaped technologists with passion for product design and user experience, keen eye for detail, and laser focus on the end user.
Who you are
- Minimum 4 years of tech/startup experience
- Strong understanding of Product Design software (Figma) and software development fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS)
- Strong organizational skills and a love for documentation
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience working with developers and PMs building and shipping applications or software with a focus on accessibility for all
- Extraordinary visual design skills and strong understanding of UI principles
- Background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Experience with low and high-fidelity prototyping
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A strong understanding of software engineering frameworks (like React), workflows and principles is encouraged
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary + generous equity package
- Flexible working hours - we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working location (we like to meet in the office couple of times every week)
- £2000 annual development allowance for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Tech equipment of your choice
- Regular social activities
- Generous amount of holidays
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!