Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world profoundly.
A Bold Plan for Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard to achieve an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a Software Engineer to join our team and help us deliver our signature high-quality experience for our users worldwide — ensuring our cloud infrastructure is reliable, performant and set up to scale. We want to do everything possible to ensure our users enjoy their experience and love our platform. With countless opportunities to make an impact, you’ll help us solve exciting engineering challenges and deliver improved functionality to take Cadmus even further.
About the role
As a Software Engineer (Platform) at Cadmus, you'll work across multiple codebases with a small team of cross-functional developers to solve various product engineering and architectural design challenges. You'll apply your software engineering skills to build performant, modern front-end applications with functional paradigms in React and Typescript. You'll also implement the backend GraphQL APIs in Elixir and build other polyglot backend services. There is exciting and fresh work being done in scaling the Cadmus Platform across regions and implementing development and operational practices that will shape the future of the Cadmus Engineering team.
We want to hear from developers passionate about building modern web applications and end-to-end enterprise SaaS platforms. You love exploring new technologies to solve problems and constantly want to improve our users’ experience. You have an eye for UI design and an interest in applying product development methodologies to boost the user experience. You thrive working in a team, love end-to-end ownership, obsess over details, and use data to help make the best choices for the wider business.
Skills you will need to bring:
- Full Stack Development: 4+ years of professional experience in software development. You have written complete backend services in languages like Elixir, Typescript, Rust, etc., with GraphQL and REST APIs. Additionally, you have 2+ years of experience developing rich front-end applications in React and Typescript.
- End-to-End Picture: You understand the complete picture of building and deploying SaaS products on AWS Cloud and Google Cloud. You can work with SQL (like PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases and fundamentally understand how the backend infrastructure connects and scales.
- Computer Science: Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent from a top university. Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures and design patterns, and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication skills. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real-time. You have excellent debugging skills and an eye for perfection.
- Team player: You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals and care about learning, growing, and helping others do the same. You want to improve internal tooling and understand user problems in collaboration with the product team.
Nice to Haves:
- Startup DNA: You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience scaling systems to support rapid growth. You are capable of cross-functional learning and can visualise process improvements.
- Rich Text Editor: You are well-versed in building collaborative editing environments with distributed backends. You have a computer science view of the needed data structures and event-driven architectures.
- Data Pipelines: You have built scalable data pipelines in AWS cloud environments end-to-end. You have excellent SQL skills and a deep understanding of big-data systems. You can architect a data platform that services all business functions.
- Functional Programming: You have experience with Functional Programming languages like Elixir, Haskell, .etc. which impacts the code you write even in other languages and paradigms.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture
- Learning allowances: Because we don’t just have words on a website, we genuinely do what we say and provide educational opportunities to all (including the Cadmus team)
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Equity incentives; that way, we all share in the success of Cadmus
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
Apply online with your resume only.
Instead of a cover letter, we’d love for you to answer a few questions alongside your application.
Our interview process is usually a recruiter interview, a hiring manager interview, a programming task, and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews that will be held via Zoom.
While we review your application, please get to know us by visiting cadmus.io or following our social channels.
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.