Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to profoundly impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world.
A Bold Plan for Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard in pursuit of an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a Full Stack Development superstar to join our team and help us maintain a high-quality experience for our users worldwide — ensuring our cloud infrastructure is reliable, performant and set up to scale. We want to do everything we can to ensure our users enjoy their experience and love our platform. With countless opportunities to make an impact, you’ll help us solve exciting engineering challenges and deliver improved functionality to take Cadmus even further.
About the role
As a Full Stack Developer, you'll work across multiple codebases with a small team of cross-functional developers to solve a wide range of product engineering and architectural design challenges. You'll apply your software engineering skills to build performant, modern front-end applications with functional paradigms in React and Typescript. You'll also implement the backend GraphQL APIs (Elixir) and the micro-services which furnish the product features.
You will have strong ownership across the development cycle and in addition to implementing new features, you'll focus on improving performance and reliability, and polish existing features. This is a truly unique opportunity to help shape our technology stack, processes, and contribute to the culture of the engineering team.
About our tech
- React (Typescript) front-end web applications (SPA)
- Elixir backend with GraphQL APIs
- Haskell web services and Typescript (NodeJS) lambda functions
- AWS cloud infrastructure
We also use and love to experiment with other languages for various tooling to ensure we find the best tool for the job. If you want to know more about what it’s like to be a developer at Cadmus, check out our blog post.
We want to hear from developers passionate about building modern web applications. You love exploring new technologies to solve problems and want to improve our users’ experience constantly. You have an eye for UI design and an interest in applying product development methodologies to boost the user experience. You thrive working in a team, love end-to-end ownership, obsess over details, and use data to help make the best choices for the wider business.
In this role, you'll:
- Develop complex front-end applications in React, Typescript, and the GraphQL and REST APIs, servicing them
- Implement features for our web-based rich-text Editor and the surrounding architecture for a complete online editing environment
- Write code and services for the backend systems in Elixir, Haskell, and other languages to implement business logic
- Implement the testing, performance, and telemetry processes for product features to ensure a high-quality experience for our users
- Play an active role in designing and improving the overall product architecture to support massive growth in users and products
- Collaborate with product designers and other developers to scope and plan new features, translating requirements for a feature into technical design
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent from a top university.
- 5-7 years of industry experience in software development
- Advanced English communication skills
- Experience developing rich front-end applications in React and using the frameworks in the React ecosystem
- Experience with Typescript and Browser DOM APIs
- Experience in creating and working with front-end design systems, CSS-in-JS and CSS layouts with Flexbox and Grid systems
- Back-end programming experience with languages like Elixir, Typescript (NodeJS), Ruby, Haskell, or similar in building web servers
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures and design patterns, and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
We'd really love to hear from you if you have:
- Startup DNA; you’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and have experience scaling systems to support rapid growth
- Experience with Functional Programming languages
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- Learning allowances; because we don’t just have words on a website, we genuinely do what we say and provide educational opportunities to all (including the Cadmus team)
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Equity incentives; that way, we all share in the success of Cadmus
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
- Virtual pats from Homer, our resident (and super cute) dog!
We're a remote-friendly company, and this role is open to candidates in India.
Apply online with your resume only.
Instead of a cover letter, we’d love for you to answer a few questions alongside your application.
Our interview process is normally a quick technical task, a hiring manager interview, a programming task, and 1-2 hours of team interviews that will be held via Zoom.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting cadmus.io or following our social channels.
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.