GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
Working within a Product Team Tribe you’ll support two closely aligned cross-functional stacks. Reporting into the Design Director you’ll have the opportunity to ideate, structure and design entirely new parts of the product along with optimising existing journeys. You’ll support our Membership and Payment stacks, working on our premium offering for users and opportunities to remove customer friction and improve customer satisfaction.
Please note that this role is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract. We're also open to remote candidates from anywhere within the UK.
What you'll be doing:
Complete user focus
- Work with the Research team to gain a firsthand understanding of our customers in both the US and UK, as well as designing and conducting research yourself tailored to the product stack’s design needs
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers’ ‘jobs to be done’ to ensure we deliver truly useful features
- Work within a product stack, owning the entire design process from idea to implementation, making sure solutions are desirable, feasible and viable to deliver an amazing customer experience
- Build high-fidelity designs that are incredibly simple and engaging, ready for development
- Ensure design is carried out to sufficient detail to cover all edge cases, error messages etc with high-quality copy throughout
- Work closely with developers ensuring that designs are fully understood and correctly implemented
- Assist with the QA/testing process to ensure software quality is high
- Strive every day to ensure the product is more loved by customers than it was the day before
- Perform design reviews during delivery and post-release to identify areas for improvement
- Work with other designers to define and refine our design language and style guide
- Give and seek out feedback from other designers in order to continually improve our quality
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience as a Product Designer in a consumer focused mobile app environment (ideally also some web app experience)
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (UX and UI) product design with experience in product journeys such as signup, payment checkout, referrals or social interactions
- An outstanding portfolio that includes user-centric mobile and web-app work that demonstrates creativity, attention to detail and elegant, contemporary design solutions
- Keen problem solver - you enjoy working through a problem and solving it in the right way
- Hugely customer-focused with a passion for great customer journeys and experiences
- Great communicator who can explain design decisions and bring people along the journey
- Comfortable breaking down your concepts into smaller stories, ready for development
- Work with UX copywriters throughout your process to ensure the copy asks clear questions and takes users on a journey that flows from one screen to the next in a concise way in the GoHenry tone of voice.
- Ability to work successfully under tight project deadlines and to iterate quickly
- Experience using data to inform design improvements
Desirable: Background in consumer-focused financial or social apps such as fintech, social network, gifting/promotions or chat applications
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (office / home / a mix of both)
- 33 days of holiday (including public holidays)
- An additional day off on your birthday
- Family-friendly leave policies, including enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Westfield Cash Health Plan (for you and your children)
- Westfield surgery plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We are proud to say...
- We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We are one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts.
- We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022.
GoHenry is an equal opportunity employer, and we are on a mission to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. Individuals seeking employment at GoHenry are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to join our mission?
If GoHenry sounds like a place you would like to be, please apply using the link below.