Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital and we’re growing year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
The Sourcing Engineer plays a critical role in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to meet material needs throughout our machine and beverage supply chains. Responsible for sourcing components and finished goods globally while optimizing cost, delivery, quality, and risk. Analyzes legacy product sourcing and engages early in new product development projects to ensure an effective, flexible, and quality supply base. Leads productivity, risk reduction, improvement, and negotiation activities within the supply base. The Sourcing Engineer is a highly visible matrixed role in the organization that requires a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of sourcing concepts/tools.
As a Sourcing Engineer at Bevi, you will:
- Lead key sourcing initiatives to improve quality, service and cost in the Bevi supply base
- Collaborate with functional teams across vendors and peers in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain
- Responsible for the definition and execution of sourcing strategy for assigned commodities.
- Oversees the Supplier Relationship Management process for critical suppliers, within assigned commodities, with focus on sustainable improvements in cost, on-time delivery, pay terms, and quality.
- Identify new sources and establish strong and lasting supplier relationships that enable business growth.
- Periodically present plans and actual results, strategy deployment, market trends, and KPI progress.
- Become the subject matter expert in key product categories.
- Lead negotiation efforts, including agreements/contracts for critical suppliers.
- Lead the direct and/or indirect material competitive bidding process for assigned commodities.
- Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for products and services.
- Document and improve Sourcing processes and methods.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
We think you will bring:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or technical field or Equivalent
- 3+ Years of sourcing or engineering experience
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics and process improvement skills
- Sound knowledge of sourcing processes and negotiations
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo.
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive collaboration
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 15%)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) with company match, and environmentally responsible investment options
- Flexible PTO plus 9 company holidays, and additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Generous fully paid parental leave for both birth parents and non-birth parents
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and (of course) unlimited Bevi ... plus composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability