About HIVED 📦
The world needs logistics solutions that are better for people and the environment. That’s where HIVED comes in. We are a London-based climate and logistics start-up building the first-ever sustainable parcel delivery network at scale, now shipping for over 100 brands including ASOS, Minor Figures, Allpress, Pip & Nut and more. A tech company at heart, we have built a modern tech stack and intelligent routing, and are massively innovative in a traditional industry. We care about ethical employment, too: our fantastic Delivery Team is highly trained in customer care and paid hourly for fair wages.
All of this means businesses can get emission-free deliveries with better service at more affordable prices. It’s parcel delivery reimagined; better all around for everyone, from start to end, warehouse to doorstep.
Our tightknit team is made up of ex-Revolut, Bain, GoPuff, ASOS, Apple, Amazon and Bulb employees, and we are backed by some of Europe's leading investors and VCs in climate-tech, logistics and mobility including Maersk Growth, Pale Blue Dot VC, Eka Ventures, the British government and more.
Role Overview 📝
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Operations Shift Manager to ensure our daily operations run smoothly and efficiently. Working within our Live Ops team, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our parcel delivery service, engaging with different teams and groups, from our drivers and to our senders and recipients. No previous operations experience is required, but the ideal candidate possesses a ’can do’ attitude and is excited by the challenge of finding solutions, thinking outside the box and is always reliable, without fault. This role is a unique opportunity to learn and be at the heart of an operations orientated fast-paced, high-growth start-up.
Please note that this a shift-based role, meaning that the days you work will vary each week, You will typically work 5x 9h shifts. The shifts will cover the period from 7am to 11pm.
- Responsibility for the daily operations and delivery cycle from sender to recipient
- Implementing structures and processes as needed
- Analysing data to improve and streamline our delivery processes
- Updating and reporting on our software tools
- Coordinating with delivery and sortation teams to ensure the whole delivery cycle is resourced in the most efficient way possible
- Proactive in resolving issues and suggesting improvements for future developments
- Diligent, trustworthy and very level headed under pressure
- Ability to work with urgency to resolve issues in a short time frame
- Outstanding analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Comfortable using and adapting to software systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Passionate about the HIVED mission and sustainability more generally
How we reward our team
- Annual salary range of £30,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Brand new MacBook Air or Windows Laptop (depending on your preference)
- Dynamic working environment
- Joining a diverse and driven team
- Hybrid working set-up with in-person time expected at both our Shoreditch office and Tottenham based depot
- Huge opportunity for learning in a high growth environment
- Growth and progression within the organisation based on success in the role
- Company retreats and socials
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to workplace therapy and three wellbeing days in addition to holiday allowance