Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to profoundly impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world.
A Bold Plan for Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard in pursuit of an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a talented Business Development Associate to help us grow our customer and user base.
At Cadmus, we’re doing a lot of great work rapidly to create a profound impact on our world through the power of education. With Cadmus currently being used in 50+ countries, we’re looking for a Business Development Associate who is passionate about identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, and developing and executing plans to pursue those opportunities successfully.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, our Business Development Associate will:
- Identify new business opportunities; by researching potential markets, analysing industry trends, and finding potential users and customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and users; by establishing trust and rapport, managing communication channels, and ensuring that our interests are represented at all times.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to meet our growth goals; by identifying target markets, creating marketing plans, and developing sales pitches and proposals.
- Conduct market research; by staying up-to-date on industry trends, gaining insights into customer and user needs and preferences, and competitor activity.
- Collaborate with internal teams including sales, marketing and product on projects and initiatives, sharing insights and data, and providing feedback to help improve organisational performance.
- Bachelor's and Master's Degrees from a top University.
- You have 5+ experience in sales or marketing at a leading global technology provider, unicorn or startup.
- Experience in sales or marketing, having been involved in generating new business opportunities and building relationships with customers.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, having interacted regularly with customers in a sales, customer service, or account management role.
- Experience with business development strategies and tactics, having developed and implemented business development strategies and tactics, such as lead generation, networking, and relationship building.
- Experience negotiating, having effectively communicated with clients, negotiated deals, and built relationships to generate revenue.
- Experience with analysis and reporting, having previously analysed data and generated reports to help inform business decisions using relevant data analysis and reporting tools.
- Sales and marketing skills: have a solid understanding of sales and marketing principles, and an ability to develop and implement effective strategies to generate leads, close deals, and build relationships with customers.
- Relationship-building skills: an ability to establish trust, communicate effectively, and develop long-term relationships with customers, users and stakeholders.
- Analytical skills: an ability to analyse data and market trends to identify opportunities and make informed business decisions.
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English with customers, colleagues, and stakeholders by listening actively, conveying information clearly, and building rapport with others.
- Strategic thinking: an ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for growth and expansion by evaluating the competitive landscape, identifying emerging trends, and developing and implementing strategies to take advantage of opportunities.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location.
- Learning allowances; because we don’t just have words on a website, we genuinely do what we say and provide educational opportunities to all (including the Cadmus team).
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding.
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do.
- Equity incentives; that way, we all share in the success of Cadmus.
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career.
- Virtual pats from Homer, our resident (and super cute) dog!
This role is open to remote candidates based in Indonesia.
Please apply online with your resume, and instead of a cover letter, we would love you to answer a few questions. We shall review your application, and if you are successful, we will invite you to participate in our interview process. If you are unsuccessful, we will let you know why and try our best to help you fill in any gaps.
Our interview process consists of a video interview, a hiring manager interview, a homework task and a panel interview. These will be completed online (via Zoom).
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting cadmus.io (check out our values quiz!) and following our social channels (Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter).
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.