*We are accepting application from candidates based anywhere in Europe, not just Poland*
Legatics is an end-to-end transaction management platform focused on efficiency and client experience, transforming traditional paper and email based legal processes into simple and highly automated software that frees lawyers from administrative tasks and improves profitability. The software we build powers some of the world’s more complex legal transactions - from billion pound acquisitions to major infrastructure projects such as wind farms and power stations.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century.
Building intuitive and accessible software for legal professionals doing this type of work is not easy - nor is transforming their working methods! We care deeply about agile development, UX design and really being in touch with the needs and constraints of our users. Information security is obviously critical, and we have increasing amounts of structured and unstructured data to process, store and present. We're carefully adding AI-based services to further optimise our users' work and we're succeeding - we're signing up more firms every week.
This is a great time to join us!
We are looking to hire a specialist DevOps engineer to join our team. The role is available at mid- or senior level, dependent upon your skills and experience.
We see DevOps as a team-wide ethos and approach and something that involves all of our engineers - we aren’t aiming to build a classical infrastructure operations team with a different name. Our goal is to have a group of experts who are responsible for infrastructure setup and configuration, monitoring and visibility but who also develop and deploy tools, reusable frameworks and components for use in product development and to help us optimise our infrastructure and working practices.
We are working towards full Continuous Delivery, using feature flags and canary or blue/green deployments to allow frequent, small releases to our production environments. We need to further develop our logging and monitoring solution, including adding advanced features around security and distributed anomaly detection.
We build web-facing applications, running on Linux and deployed in the AWS and working in Agile teams. Shortly we plan to move to feature teams, focussed on particular product and system areas. We use GitLab for source control and CI/CD tooling and use Kubernetes, Kustomize, EKS, Terraform/Terragrunt and shell scripting to define and configure our environments. We use React, node.js and Python, with GraphQL between front- and backend.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with our development teams to design and implement infrastructure, deployment processes and tools for new and existing products
- Work with our Cyber & Information Security team to further develop our security and monitoring capabilities
- Automate and streamline deployment, testing, and release processes using appropriate tools, building on what we already have and extending with new capabilities where helpful
- Monitor and optimise system performance and availability, helping engineering teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Develop and maintain documentation for infrastructure, deployment, and release processes
Who would you be working with?
Steve Wheeler, CTO - who you will be reporting into, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
What we need from you
- Experienced Linux user - preferably Debian-based distros
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, working with AWS
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Terragrunt, Kustomize
- Experience with containerization and serverless tech (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda) and building high-availability infrastructure using them
- Familiarity with source control and continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, in English
- Upper-intermediate level of English;
Bonus points for the following (but don’t worry, these are NOT essential):
- Experience building and maintaining software and tools for use as-a-service by software development teams
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g. Datadog, Splunk)
- Experience implementing high availability database services
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience monitoring and debugging distributed applications
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary plus uncapped commission
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- Early Finish Fridays - on the last Friday of every month, we finish early!
- Mental healthcare and free therapy sessions for you and your family
- Personal Learning & Development budget
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
We follow a microservices approach written in Node.js on AWS, managed using Terraform, Kustomize and Kubernetes. GraphQL and Apollo are used between front- and backend. Our frontend is an SPA built with React and Redux, with some Ramda. We have a dedicated test / QA team, doing a combination of manual and automated testing.
We work according to DevOps principles and we’re working towards full CI/CD, aiming for frequent small releases supported by feature flags, distributed config management, monitoring & tracing, etc.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We're committed to building a diverse team and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to help us do that.