Wildkind is primarily an events business with two market leading outdoor event properties; Camp Wildfire and Camp Kindling. Since being founded in 2015 we have been growing at 100% year on year. Over the next 10 years we aim to take our unique events worldwide to inspire, challenge and entertain over 1 million customers.
An incredible community has grown around our events and is now the centre-point of everything we do. As well as investing in the growth of our events we are looking to expand our retail and media business lines to provide even more value to this group.
To spark curiosity, encourage endeavour and create joy.
We have a supportive, growth focussed working culture and will invest in education and experimentation to push the boundaries of your abilities and our shared achievements. We champion diverse skill sets, perspectives and discussion; everyone is encouraged to be themselves and input into the organisation and work at all levels. We care deeply about our work having a positive impact on our customers, colleagues, communities and the environment. We promote creativity and adventure in everything we do.
Salary: £40,000 to £47,500 per year depending on experience
Social: Monthly adventures/parties with your team
Health: £500 per year for your physical/mental health
Education: £1000 per year for your learning and development
Annual Leave: 30 days (including public holidays)
Location: Hybrid (Min 5 days per month in London Office)
Hours: Flexible 40hrs per week (3 hours per day between 10:00-18:00 GMT/BST)
Start Date: May 2023
Application Deadline: Midnight on 19th Mar 2023 (Applications are assessed as they are received, apply early where possible.)
Lead the delivery of our events from concept, to live, to evaluation. Booking and managing suppliers and staff. Coordinating with venues and local authorities. Managing event budgets and project timelines. Understanding our customers to ensure their expectations are met. Developing repeatable processes to improve efficiency and quality of our events. Developing new event formats.
- Demonstrable experience leading the planning and delivery of outdoor events (minimum 2500 attendees) on budget and to a high standard.
- Experienced in site plan design, focusing on both customer experience and operational efficiencies.
- Manage the delivery of 3x outdoor festival events in Aug & Sep 2023 (taking over from operations manager).
- Create a scalable model enabling us to deliver a growing number of events with efficiency and to a high standard, over the next 3 years.
- Develop new event formats to build the offering to our community and our opportunities for revenue.
As a company we focus on objectives and results, with individuals driving the decisions on the best ways to achieve them. We have included this list of responsibilities to give you an idea of the starting point for this position; the exact responsibilities will develop under your leadership.
- End-to-end event management, leading the planning and delivery of Wildkind events & experiences to a high standard.
- Management of each event’s budget, ensuring each event meets its profit targets without compromising on quality. Creating and managing project timelines, ensuring key milestones are met.
- Management of all event paperwork and documentation, including risk assessments and emergency plans.
- Liaising with key stakeholders such as venue owners, local authorities, emergency services and local residents.
- Leading the design of event site plans (using CAD or similar) with consideration of customer experience, operational efficiencies, and lisencising and H&S regulations.
- Procurement of all suppliers and staff for delivery of events (structures, toilets, showers, vehicles, trackway, power, water, fencing, site crew, security, traffic management, sound, lighting, staging, set, backline, recycling, cabins, etc).
- Onsite event management & delivery, overseeing suppliers, site management & crew and ensuring events run punctually.
- Collating all event requirements, creating detailed specifications and ensuring they are brought to life
- Sourcing & building an effective network of highly skilled and reliable contractors and suppliers.
- Researching and developing potential new event formats and how they could be delivered.
We are looking for team members that are interested in a long term career with Wildkind, and want to learn and grow with us. If you think you could achieve the goals set out in this role and would enjoy the work we do we encourage you to apply regardless of your background. We have an extensive interview process that includes completing tasks and getting to know your potential colleagues that will allow you to experience our culture first hand. We will request positive references from your past employers to support anything you tell us about your experience.