Lendable is on a mission to make consumer finance amazing: faster, cheaper and friendlier.We’re building one of the world’s leading fintech companies and are off to a strong start:
- One of the UK’s newest unicorns with a team of >200 people
- Among the top 10 fastest growing tech companies in the UK
- Profitable since 2017
- Backed by top investors including Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs
- Loved by customers with the best reviews in the market (4.9/5 across 10,000s of reviews)
So far, we’ve rebuilt the Big Three consumer finance products from scratch: loans, credit cards and car finance. We get money into our customers’ hands in minutes instead of days.We’re growing fast, and there’s a lot more to do: we’re going after the two biggest Western markets (UK and US) where trillions worth of these are held by big banks with dated systems and painful processes.
Join us if you want to
- Work in small teams of exceptional people, trusted to take ownership and make decisions quickly
- Be relentlessly resourceful to solve problems and find smarter solutions than the status quo
- Build the best technology in house, using new data sources, machine learning and AI to make machines do the heavy lifting
What's the job
We’re looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join our credit card product team to support our web, iOS and Android applications, currently used by over 300,000 customers, and growing fast.
Joining a cross-functional product team you’ll help implement new features on both web and mobile (React Native) based frontends, refine existing features and code, and contribute to improving team processes and approaches.
Outside of working with your direct team you’ll also contribute to our frontend guild, where we come together to define and refine our processes across the product teams, helping to set out the future for Lendable’s web and mobile applications as we scale and adapt to support new ventures (we’re currently working on refactoring our React codebases to use a shared cross-product component library), and new territories (in 2022 we expanded into the US lending market).
The Team = this is the team that put the Tech in FinTech, our current engineering team is around 85 strong and has helped transform finance by building a next-generation lending platform in both the UK and the US, a greenfield credit card product, and a successful motor finance product.
Our team stands for teamwork, resilience, excellence, and kindness, and we are looking for someone with the same mindset :)
*We sadly do not offer visa sponsorship for this role
Our Tech Stack
Typescript, React, NextJS, SCSS, Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, Redux
Typescript, React Native, Jest, React Testing Library, Detox, MobX
PHP 7/8 (Symfony), Node.js, AWS, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes
Github, Jira & Confluence, for our code & product management processes
Jenkins, but we’re in the process of migrating CI pipelines to Github Actions
Bugsnag, Datadog & Sentry for debugging and reporting
Figma & Storybook, for our design process
For more information about how we work you can also check out our blog and read more about our workplace culture.
You clearly understand the benefits of automated testing in software development, and can explain the value of different testing phases and approaches
You’re an advocate for accessibility, and are familiar with the approaches and tooling required to ensure web accessibility guidelines and best practices are adhered to
You’re especially familiar with the intricacies of building for users across a variety of platforms, devices and browsers
You can quickly identify and assess technical debt and are keen to make the case for remedying it whenever the opportunity arises
You have experience working with product owners to break down business requirements into deliverable tasks and estimate the complexity of their implementation. You can quickly identify the difficulties of implementing a feature from an initial design wireframe or outline spec and are comfortable putting forward alternative approaches where appropriate
What would make you stand out
You have experience with React Native and are comfortable moving between web and mobile platforms and stacks where necessary
You’ve helped to build or maintain a shared component library, and other technical elements of a design system
You’ve worked with OpenAPI/Swagger specifications to help define REST API requirements and contracts, collaborating with backend developers to agree on best approaches when scoping work that requires new and updated schemas
You have experience with performance best practices and debugging
You understand the needs of products that serve multiple regions, across multiple languages, currencies, and timezones
You have experience of UI or UX design. You feel at ease discussing approaches with product designers, and are happy to get involved in making design decisions where required
You’ve built, or worked on, products that have scaled from zero users to tens or hundreds of thousands (or more), and can apply what you learnt in new contexts
A quick video call with one of the team
A short coding exercise to complete in your own time
- Onsite or Video Interview
Discuss the exercise you completed
Meet the team you’ll work with daily
Life at Lendable (also check out our Glassdoor page)
- The opportunity to scale up one of the world’s most successful fintech companies.
- Best-in-class compensation including equity.
- You can work from home every Monday and Friday if you wish - on the other days we all come together IRL to be together, build and exchange ideas.
- Our in-house chef prepares fresh, healthy lunch in the office every Tuesday-Thursday.
- We care for our Lendies' well-being both physically and mentally so we offer the highest coverage of private health insurance
- We organise an annual trip with the whole company, to celebrate our milestones and reflect on our achievements.
- We're an equal opportunity employer and are looking to make Lendable the most inclusive and open workspace in London.