At TrustedHousesitters, we are a passionate team on a mission to make the world a better place for pets and their owners. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive People Operations Executive to join our growing team as we continue to create a world where pets can enjoy their vacations as much as their owners.
Reporting to the People Experience and Operations Lead and working closely with the Diversity & Inclusion team, People Managers, and external HR support, the People Operations Executive will be responsible for driving employee engagement, improving our recruitment process, managing the employee lifecycle, and continuously improving our operations.
We’re seeking someone passionate about making a positive difference and building a meaningful career in People and Culture. You’ll work closely with the People Experience and Operations Lead to build out the first-ever People team within the organisation. You'll work with people across the whole company, and quite often, you will be the first person a candidate will interact with when they apply for a role. In this role you will be assisting the People Experience and Operations Lead with:
- Help to create and distribute internal communications to keep employees informed and connected with the company's vision and goals.
- Support the People Experience and Operations Lead with any administrative tasks related to employee engagement initiatives.
- Assist with planning and coordinating company events and initiatives to promote employee engagement, such as team-building activities and wellness programs.
- Assist with posting job openings and managing applicant tracking
- Help schedule interviews and communicate with candidates to ensure a positive experience with the company.
- Conduct first-round screening interviews where necessary
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of the recruitment process and helping to improve recruitment procedures where necessary.
- Support the People Experience and Operations Lead with onboarding new hires, ensuring new starters have the necessary information and resources to start their role effectively.
- Help to maintain employee records, ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Carry out operational tasks necessary when a team member leaves the company.
- Assist with coordinating and collating employee performance reviews and plans, supporting the rollout of training and progression plans
- Support HR and the People Experience and Operations Lead with any administrative tasks related to the employee lifecycle.
- Assist with various ad hoc operational activities for the team, such as travel arrangements and venue booking.
- Coordinate laptop and home office equipment, ensuring all company property is accounted for and catalogued.
- Ensure that employees are up to date with all software, with a specific focus on data protection and security.
- Regularly ensure that our office in Brighton is clean, tidy, and well-stocked.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to identify and address organisational needs and opportunities.
- Assist with identifying areas for improvement within people processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for change.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to continuously improve processes and practices.
You will enjoy this role most if you have the following:
- A proactive approach to work, finding joy in making things happen.
- A strong sense of empathy, good organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise.
- A love for pets and a desire to work for a mission-driven company.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Some understanding of Google Workspace
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
This role includes working from our Brighton office 1 day a week, so candidates must be within commutable distance of Brighton Station.
Salary range: £24,000-£26,000 per annum DOE
Hybrid role: 1 office day a week
Plus, as well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme and bonus scheme, we invest in:
Your Learning and development
Keen and curious? From conferences to courses, you’ll be guided and cheered on to grow personally and professionally.
House and pet sitting
We actively encourage all of our team members to go Housesitting whenever possible, offering stipends and flexible working opportunities to help make this happen.
Part of the family
Find a rescue pet to join your family, and we'll cover the adoption fees, as well as pawternity to help any pet settle into their new home.
Health and wellbeing
We offer "Simply Health" to all employees, offering paid cover for various medical appointments and treatments, including dental. Our team are trusted, and we all work remotely and flexibly to times that suit us.
Tech and Tools
TrustedHousesitters has a MacBook Pro for every team member and an annual budget for improving your home office.
Fun and games
We have regular company and team social events, both online and in-person, which gives our remote team an opportunity to connect and celebrate our successes.
TrustedHousesitters is a global marketplace disrupting pet care and travel industries. We connect a community of home and pet owners with sitters to solve a common two-sided problem - pet care and cost-effective travel. Customers join for one annual fee. After that, sits take place as a trust-based, money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while our sitters enjoy the company of pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
We enjoy exceptional customer retention rates driven by the fact that our owners and sitters realise the amazing value and incredible experiences we can facilitate.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth, and have remained resilient throughout the COVID-19 crisis. The USA has become our biggest market, followed by the UK and Australia.
We made the transition to a remote-first business in March 2020 and haven’t looked back. We now have a distributed team across the UK and Brazil. We host quarterly, all expenses paid, company events in Brighton.
We are transforming the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team is united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our customers and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets.