So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability. Please be aware this is a UK based role as hybrid working in our West London office is expected.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our Values:
We put the customer at the heart of what we do. It is only natural that we designed user journeys and experiences similarly. This role will enhance our current design team and help to deliver more great designs. The Product Designer is a hands-on, creative and imaginative thinker with a passion and dedication to producing exceptional, customer-centric work. They seek to push the boundaries of a range of products, always putting the audience at the heart of everything they do.They are an influencer within the company, helping execute projects of all sizes, and completing them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations. Open-minded and collaborative Product Designers inspire and enjoy being inspired.
- Proven experience in all phases of the product design process, including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, accessibility standards and usability testing.
- Build empathy for our customers and an intuitive eye for customer requirements beyond the obvious. Understand their wants and needs, translate their findings into best-in-class product design, and welcome feedback to produce outstanding work for our customers.
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members, including product management, engineering, research, and analytics, as an ambassador for the design team’s credibility and process.
- Ability to inspire high design confidence in stakeholders, communicate the thinking behind the work, and show self-assurance with your presentation and storytelling.
- A self-starter who can work through ambiguity and autonomously complete tasks from start to finish with minimal oversight. Take the initiative to improve something that you see isn't working well.
- Grasp complex problems and develop design approaches that translate to engaging, user-centred design solutions and elegant customer experiences.
- Passion for design; unsatisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve. Care about details and are excited to keep pushing work forward. Loves change for the better and has the energy and drive to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Good levels of motivation and perseverance with a strong sense of belief in your ideas with the confidence to express them, coupled with a flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to customer needs and commercial objectives.
- Good time-management skills and ability to manage workloads and priorities, whilst taking direction from leads and product teams.
- Passionate about all things digital and eager to find out about new technologies. Has good awareness of developments in the industry to share and inform the team.
- Proficient with Figma and Miro for concept development, wireframing and creating mock-ups.
- Identify customer requirements and opportunities for the development of So Energy’s products, services and features.
- Create solutions that solve real user problems that resonate with the So Energy customer. Sketch solutions, develop user journey’s build prototypes, wireframes, test ideas, iterate designs, prototype and document research.
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus and help the wider company understand and appreciate the impact of great design.
- Evangelising the design process and what is the right thing to build making an impact for the customer and the business.
- Collect and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and implement key findings into product iteration. Have strong analytical skills and ability to synthesise understanding from multiple inputs to drive product and experience strategy.
- Apply expert design and craft to the visual elements of projects. Co-create, maintain and push the boundaries of design systems and patterns. Champion modular design, usability and accessibility standards.
- £50,000 salary plus up to 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces peoples ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.