So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier. Please note this is a UK based role as there are hybrid working elements expected.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our Values:
We put the customer at the heart of what we do. This role will enhance our current design team and push our brand and communications forward for our next growth stage.
This hands-on, hybrid role works across multiple design projects and requires a creative, imaginative thinker with passion and dedication to producing exceptional product design UI, brand and communications work. They seek to push the boundaries putting the audience at the heart of everything they do.
They are an influencer within the company, helping execute projects of all sizes, and completing them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations. Open-minded and collaborative Designer inspires and enjoys being inspired.
Who you are:
- Experienced in brand, marketing, and communication design to develop and enhance the So Energy brand and creative output. Channel agnostic, comfortable working with copywriters and marketing professionals.
- Demonstrable UI design skills. Ability to produce design solutions, wireframes, interaction models and prototypes.
- Influence and champion the design systems and guidelines, helping develop a consistent design language across marketing collateral and product design.
- A creative, strategic lateral thinker adept at bringing a brand to life across multiple touchpoints thinking beyond the obvious and can balance tactical and strategic viewpoints.
- Understanding of copy and image and how they are intrinsically linked when producing marketing communications across different channels.
- Knowledge of audience research methodologies and research tools.
- Passion for design; unsatisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve. Care about details and are excited to keep pushing work forward within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members, including marketing, sales, product, research, and analytics, as an ambassador for the design team’s credibility and process.
- Ability to inspire high design confidence in stakeholders, communicate the thinking behind the work, and show self-assurance with your presentation and storytelling.
- A motivated self-starter with a strong sense of belief in your ideas, the confidence to express them, and a willingness to adapt.
- Continuing improvement. Thrives on delivering work that they are proud of but not precious and can take feedback. Refining processes and the ongoing development of the output, never settling for ordinary.
- Inspire an ambitious and forward-thinking multi-disciplinary design department to create best-in-class creative design output that inspires creative innovation.
- Good time-management skills and ability to manage workloads and priorities.
- Proficient with Adobe CC, Figma and Miro for concept development, workshops, creating mock-ups, etc
Continued Professional Development:
Individual development plan
Ongoing training available with our L&D Budget
- Build, develop and evolve the So Energy brand delivering best-in-class brand and visual communications design.
- Help push the So Energy brand far beyond its logo, delivering creative, innovative, and conceptual thinking for both internal and external facing output.
- A visual communicator and storyteller. Produce sketches, storyboards and design layouts to communicate ideas to stakeholders, with a strong consideration of copy. Sketching skills to communicate ideas is key.
- Design and deliver across all visual design stages and help create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate product design ideas.
- Takes a collaborative approach, working close with the content team on social, campaign development, event design, etc. Therefore, art direction and storyboarding experience will be crucial.
- Achieve a strong profile within the company, evangelising the correct process and what is the right thing to build making an impact for the customer and the business.
- Collect and interpret qualitative and quantitative data via brand tracking tools, data analytics, metrics, etc. to produce clear insights and implement findings to drive brand strategy.
- Apply expert design and craft to the visual elements of projects. Co-create, maintain and push the boundaries of design systems and patterns. Champion modular design, usability and accessibility standards.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards and act as a custodian of consistent design and narrative.
- £50,000 salary plus up to 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces peoples ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.