As Sifted continues to expand its membership activities, we are looking for a community and subscription manager. This role will be crucial to the company's growth in the years ahead as we seek to grow the Sifted member community of investors, corporate innovators and startups.
Sifted is a new media platform, backed by the Financial Times, reporting on the world of technology and startups in Europe. Two-and-a-half years after launching, our high-quality journalism is a must-read for many founders, investors and people working in startups across the continent.
Our team of reporters, based across Europe, aren’t chasing the latest funding announcements or product releases; plenty of other sites have got that covered. We are telling the stories that should be told — big startup trends, compelling company profiles and the everyday lessons that come from growing a business and messing up along the way.
We have grown from a standing start to over 600k monthly unique visitors, and 100k newsletter subscribers, and have a lively social media following, but there is much more to be done to both grow and consolidate our readership. Having recently launched membership, we want in particular to build stronger relationships with our most dedicated readers — while also attracting a broader audience to both our great journalism, our wide range of events and other commercial activities.
What will you be doing?
Drive Sifted’s membership offering by:
- Getting prospective users excited about our unique offering
- Engaging existing users to increase their participation
- Searching for organisations that would make good additions to the community
- Picking up on product recommendations, community referrals and subscription renewals
- Supporting new users through their onboarding journey
What are we like to work for?
We have a small-company mindset, but big company goals, and can draw on many of the strengths and benefits of a world-respected brand, the Financial Times. We’re friendly, hard-working and passionate about what we do. We have a flat structure, collaborate across disciplines and everyone has impact across many areas of the business. We value feedback, honesty and clear communication.
London (although we are open to semi-remote applicants — ie. people who could travel in 2/3 days per week)
What skills do you need?
We’re looking for someone who has at least 2 years’ client facing experience in a comparable role and the ability to work with a wide range of products / services used by a mix of investors, startup founders, corporate innovators and service providers to the European early stage ecosystem.
Ideally, you will be comfortable getting involved in many different types of projects, and excited to work in an environment where things move fast and often change.
Core skills for the role include:
- Sales experience
- Client-facing experience / client-handling skills
- Account management
- Experience with subscriptions
- Quick learner
- Collaborative and project way of working
- Target driven
- Good language skills (multi-language would be a real benefit to this role)
- Knowledge of a CRM (eg Hubspot) is a plus
- Base salary of £25-35k
- The opportunity to join a growing and highly successful team, passionate and proud of Sifted who enjoy working to create a truly standout media platform
- Join us at a time of growth and expansion - we value our colleagues' opinions on how we can always improve our platforms so your voice will always be heard here
- Hybrid with flexible working hours and the option to work from home some days (usually minimum of 2 days at our London HQ in the heart of trendy Shoreditch)
- Regular team socials… from cinema, book & climbing clubs, we enjoy a good Sifted get together
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shut down
- Your £1000 personal development budget for enhancing your own professional skills
- Proper mental health care. We offer free access to a comprehensive mental healthcare solution