So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
As a Customer Complaints Advisor at So Energy you will play a key role in the delivery of Service Excellence to our customers. This will be achieved through managing the resolution of complaints, which may involve complex solutions through liaising with several parties. The successful candidate will be skilled in handling complex customer enquiries abiding the guidelines set out by OFGEM.
- Manage workload through a number of channels such as telephone, online and written correspondence ensuring the investigation and resolution of customer complaints (common and complex) meet the expectations of the business, customer and 3rd party needs.
- Ensure that each interaction with our customers exceeds their expectations and delivers Service Excellence to achieve and protect brand reputation and maximise retention of the customer base.
- Deliver against So Energy’s customer service performance measures with the support of the Customer Resolution Manager and colleagues.
- Take responsibility for each customer and be accountable for their end-to-end journey through the complaint handling process.
- Communicate with customers effectively via phone, letter and email.
- Live by the So Energy values through the work that you do
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge and understanding of compliance within OFGEM regulations
- Demonstrate positivity and enthusiasm about new and/or challenging tasks, and remain composed and professional when dealing with challenging customers
- Good Knowledge of business processes and systems
- Ability to communicate with customers via different mediums including written communication
- Have the ability to self-manage own workload
- Ability to manage workload independently, whilst being supported by the Customer Resolution Manager
- Competitive salary of £29,314 plus 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.