Location: London or Greater Manchester
Contract: 12 month FTC with scope to extend
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Planning Lead
Location: London or Greater Manchester
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably. We provide sustainable transport options to various cities nationwide through the provision of the bike, e-bike, and e-scooter schemes.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the first B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Beryl is growing rapidly across the nation, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking for an Assistant Micromobility Planner to join our planning team within the Operations department. The role will report to the Planning Lead, who will guide and support your professional development at Beryl.
This role is perfect for a recent graduate or experienced operations administrator seeking entry into the micromobility and sustainable transportation industry.
This is a key role within the Programme and Delivery Team and its purpose is to support network planning from strategy, site identifications, approvals, and permissions through to installation and monitoring. The role underpins the delivery of new and expanding Beryl schemes.
The Assistant Micromobility Planner will assist in identifying and planning new Beryl bay locations, and crucially offering administrative support within the planning team.
The role will be primarily based in our London or Greater Manchester office, with the flexibility to work from home when appropriate as agreed with the planning lead. Site visits to new schemes in the planning phases will form a key aspect of the role and will be coordinated
with support from the line manager. As such, there are exciting opportunities to visit and support our schemes across the nation.
You will achieve the above by ensuring that all projects adhere to the best practices and standard approaches for bay planning and administrative practices. You will be responsible for supporting the planning lead in working with local authorities to locate and take sites through the necessary approvals process. The role will require active management of existing scheme sites, supporting regular programme reporting, and communicating with our customer project teams.
Reporting to the Planning Lead, the Assistant Micromobility Planner will be responsible for:
- Support the planning and delivery of micromobility infrastructure in urban areas
- Work with the planning team to undertake administrative tasks and optimise processes
- Supporting mobilisation leads and Local Authorities to plan and design our schemes ensuring that they deliver maximum ridership
- Support the planning team and scheme leads with engagement and collaboration with local stakeholders and assist our community engagement
- Research and collect urban data which can help inform our mobilisation
- Maintain IT systems with correct bay information
- Research best practices to continuously improve our offer to cities
- Contribution to improving Beryl operations
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Proven ability to take on responsibility, pursue excellence and see tasks through to completion
- Exemplary communication skills with excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Personable, proactive, professional, and able to demonstrate full commitment to delivery and service in all activities and interact at all levels of the organisation
- Highly organised and able to support the management of a portfolio of work across multiple schemes
Experience & Skills
While the ideal candidate should fulfill most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Knowledge of transport policy and appraisal issues and techniques, and how bike share might be used to support and enhance other areas wider planning and policy
- A good degree in relevant subjects including, but not limited to: urban planning, geography, sociology, maths, civil engineering, and/or relevant experience
- Excellent customer service skills with a willingness to learn how to manage client relationships
- Ability to use or quickly learn different IT platforms
- Good administration skills, with an ability to maintain and update spreadsheet databases, produce accurate and informative word documents, and assist in the development of presentation materials
- Highly efficient in planning and tasks assignment
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Proactive and willing to learn new skills
- Confident with using initiative as well as managing time
- Excellent communication skills
What we are offering in return
- The chance to learn and make a difference in an exciting industry is changing how our urban areas move and operate.
- The opportunity to build the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micro mobility providers in the world.
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that wmarket-leadingeading in both respects. - Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality.
- A flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and well-being activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Micromobility Planning Coordinator is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross-reference all applications against a pre-set, job-specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process (phone screening and virtual interview). A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on the closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.
If you would like any further information relating to this role or the application process, please contact our Planning Lead, Tom White (email@example.com)