Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
This role sits within Zepz financial operations team (FinOps), as a Junior Analyst, Reconciliation for Cash in Transit, you will be assisting in the review and coordination of the month and year-end reconciliations process. You will also be responsible for performing reconciliations, investigating items with internal and external parties, and identifying opportunities for streamlining/automation.
As a member of Zepz Fin Ops team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Assistant Finance Manager, you will:
- Perform both daily and monthly cash-in-transit reconciliations in line with the timetable, process, and controls in place, using a reconciliation tool to match our data with statements received from the acquirer and banks.
- Identify and prepare summaries of outstanding items to be queried as per the standard operating procedures.
- Format statement templates for new accounts and update statement templates for existing accounts to match with reconciliation tool requirements as necessary.
- Liaise with FinOps colleagues, and internal teams (e.g. Network, Operations, Treasury, IT, Cash Rec Team, and Refunds Team) in addition to contacting acquirers and banks to investigate, resolve reconciling items, and gather statements to be imported into the reconciliation tool.
- Raise and post journals to the finance system for any adjustments that may be required from the investigation of the reconciling items (e.g. foreign exchange adjustments, reallocation postings, and accruals).
- Attend and actively participate in review meetings, giving accurate status updates on your deliverables, and raise any queries/issues.
- Flag if there are any improvements that could make the process or reporting more efficient or improve controls.
- Prepare or update detailed process documentation for assigned accounts.
- Support your manager and colleagues with any internal or external audit requests.
- Participate in any ad hoc tasks as required e.g. reporting or projects.
What we’re looking for from you…
- At least 2 years of experience working with large balance sheet reconciliations using a reconciliation tool.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to completion of your deliverables.
- Team player with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work with a deadline, flexible with any plan changes and flag any potential conflicting priorities.
- Strong Excel skills and understanding of bookkeeping.
- Relevant sector experience is advantageous.
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.