As a recruiter with over 20 years of experience in the field of data science and analytics, Roisin McCarthy observed a worrying decline in female candidates applying to roles across every level. The gap in female applicants led her to examine the underlying causes and barriers to women in the data and analytics industries. What she found led her to collaborate with Britain’s foremost analytics expert, Payal Jain and together, Women in Data was formed to confront this startling problem and to agitate for change.
Women in Data® aims to bring awareness through media appearances and events; in particular, the landmark annual Women in Data® conference.
This began as an understated symposium, attended by 100 people in 2015 and it erupted into the most highly anticipated annual data science event in the UK. At the 2019 conference at the Arora O2 Women in Data welcomed more than 1500 attendees, and in 2020 thousands of data professionals attended a week of online Women in Data events and workshops.
The message of diversity and equality is permeating into the data zeitgeist with each Women in Data® event we run. From the classrooms of Milton Keynes to the House of Lords, we have been working tirelessly to raise awareness of the issues and emphasise the value of female participation at every level.
We collaborate with our corporate partners to stage regular Women in Data networking events throughout the year, providing opportunities for leaders in the field (mostly women) to share their knowledge and experiences via informative presentations and discussions. We intend to emphasise and celebrate the accomplishments of women because ‘you can’t be what you can’t see’. All Women in Data events are for women at every stage of their careers to connect with one another in a safe and stimulating environment.
The demand for data science to become more inclusive and representative is growing, as evident in the generous support of our corporate partners, whose contributions enable us to run these events for free. We would like to thank them for their enthusiastic embrace of Women in Data and all that we stand for.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager with a can-do attitude to join our fun and fast-paced team. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of some of the largest events in our portfolio. If you can bring fresh ideas and a hands-on approach this is the perfect role for you.
- Ownership of marketing campaigns from design and execution to reporting and analysis
- Planning and overseeing a variety of marketing activities
- Fully accountable for all marketing deliverables and outcomes
- Development of event marketing plans with the Marketing Director that are focused on delivery of revenue targets and broader goals aligned to our corporate vision and customer strategy
- Detailed analysis campaigns
- Data management, campaign briefing and resource allocation of telesales team to maximize leads and drive delegate bookings
- Ownership of data to generate a constant flow of relevant new contacts
- Working with internal and external designers on the design and production of marketing material
- Unlocking value from the editorial and product management teams to drive content marketing initiatives
- Website administration and analysis
- Innovative use of social networking channels to generate traffic and drive event awareness for the established portfolio and to break into new markets for launch campaigns
- Ownership of affiliate partnerships to drive marketing and commercial success
Experience and skills required
- Experienced in marketing project management, stakeholder management, messaging and content creation for content marketing
- Understanding of, and confidence to deploy, the latest skills and tools in digital event marketing
- Skilled at analysing marketing data to draw insights for data-led, responsive decision-making to ensure campaigns are fully optimised
- Able to deliver a strong and engaging customer journey from first touch point through to all engagements before, during and after the event
- Proven ability to design content marketing strategies and write copy
- A natural leader who is also happy to work at pace to deliver and execute
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan ahead, work on multiple campaigns at any one time and handle tight deadlines
- Content-driven, Insights-led with a creative flair and adaptable nature, not afraid to try new techniques for delivery of campaigns
- A nose for strategic opportunities through affiliates and media partners
- Strong knowledge of how to drive the following:
- Email/marketing automation platforms for email campaigns, ideally Eloqua
- Simple design tools like canva (to create well branded images for all channels) and working within website platforms like wordpress.
- Database CRMs such as Salesforce
- An adaptable and flexible approach to working, keen to volunteer and willing to embrace new ways of working
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.