What we do
Ambition Institute is a national education charity. We help schools tackling educational disadvantage to keep getting better, and help their teachers and school leaders to become more expert over time.
That’s how we’ll make sure every child gets a great education and the best possible start in life.
- We train teachers and leaders at all levels to get better at the things that make the biggest difference: what you teach, how you teach it, and how you create the conditions for schools to thrive.
- We share what works. Everyone can benefit from evidence of how great teaching and leadership can improve schools and change lives, so we connect people to the latest research and the best practice out there in the system.
- We champion every teacher and school leader’s potential to develop, as the driving force for sustainable school improvement
Our evidence-based professional development programmes support educators at every stage – from early career teachers through to CEOs leading multiple schools, and all the crucial teaching and leadership roles in between.
What would we like…?
We are looking for a dedicated person to join our Programme Delivery team as a Programme Manager on a permanent basis. You'll be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of your specific programme, ensuring high levels of engagement from stakeholders and maintaining excellent customer experience.
As part of your day-to-day tasks, you'll ensure that all elements of the programmes are effectively planned, managed and organised to ensure efficient, high-quality delivery from start to finish. You'll be involved in all stakeholder communications, as well as the development and line management of a team of staff. This role will work directly with both internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of a busy set of programmes.
To be successful in the role you should have:
- Secure project management skills, including experience of creating project workplans and managing the delivery of these workplans;
- Experience line managing and supporting individuals in their development.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail
For more details, please refer to the detailed Job Description and Person Specification available in the Downloads section of this page.
Working in a hybrid way, you'll be attached to to either our Birmingham, London or Manchester office and will report to an Associate Director in Programmes. In line with our current ways of working, you’ll be expected to be in the office at least 1 day a month, in addition to team days. This is subject to review.
For any questions or queries please email us at email@example.com
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and the most vulnerable in our society and, as such, we are unable to employ individuals with relevant convictions, including the following: a conviction for an offence involving violence or dishonesty, of a sexual nature or against minors, or for any other offence that is relevant to the nature of the services provided by our organisation.
As an employer, we have a responsibility to prevent illegal working in the UK by ensuring that our employees have the right to work in the UK. Therefore, as part of the recruitment process to verify your eligibility you will be required to produce relevant documentation.