Travel Experience Intern
(Trips - 6 months)
We’re looking for a customer-centric intern
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and customer-centric intern to join us in building the world’s first platform for flight-free holidays, looking after our customers and making sure they love their journeys, planning and delivering excellent holiday experiences. We need someone detail-oriented with excellent written and spoken communication skills. We need someone who isn’t afraid to jump right in and support us wherever needed: a fast learner with a proactive growth mindset who will thrive in an environment of changing priorities and high momentum. This is a role with a huge opportunity for mentorship and growth.
We help holidaymakers love their journeys
We’re the first tech platform for flight-free holidays. We help people experience the joy of journeying through lesser-known parts of the UK and Europe by train, boat and bus, and are proud to be a certified B Corporation. Founded in March 2020, we’ve raised £2.3M in government grant funding from angel investors and regularly appear in mainstream press from the Times to the Guardian. We have 97% five-star reviews, are growing 7x year on year, and have no plans to slow down until flight-free travel is mainstream.
Your key responsibilities
- Make sure our customers love their journeys, customising their holidays and supporting them in-trip via email, WhatsApp and phone.
- Deliver and run trips, manage disruption and use customer feedback and your own knowledge and research to continually improve our product, routes and journeys.
- Fulfil the manual elements of customer bookings by reliably purchasing the correct category, class and price of room and ticket across multiple legs
- Craft customer stories from the trips you’ve led to share with our growing community of slow travellers.
- Support our team in any area of the business needed, from customer service and sales, to marketing and community building, to product and data management.
What we’re looking for
- Customer service experience and/or operations experience in a high growth start-up or small team
- Belief in our mission and a passion for sustainability and/or slow travel
- The ability to write beautifully creative and grammatically perfect travel content and great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a positive approach to interactions with our team and customers
- Proficiency working with spreadsheets (Google Sheets/Excel) and comfort populating and organising data sets
- An enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude and an agile approach
- Must be willing to work one to two weekends per month (in exchange for time back during the working week)
What would be great (but isn’t required)
- Fluency/proficiency in French, Italian, Spanish and/or German
What we offer
- A Real Living Wage: £25,000 p.a. (prorated for the six month internship)
- A path to promotion to Travel Experience Executive
- An annual autumn Away Day and a team weekend away in the spring
- 20 days wherever: work when you like and where you like for most of the month - we’ll fund a day a week in a coworking space
- 2 days together: join our team in the London office two days each month including our monthly social
We’re committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.