Location: Remote (we are based and run our sessions in South London)
Hours: 1 Day a week
Salary: 250 Per Day
Contract: 6 months
Start Date: Immediately
Esports Youth Club - Who We Are
Esports Youth Club is a not-for-profit social enterprise launched in 2021. Since launching we’ve provided free gaming sessions for almost 1000 young people at venues across South London. We are mobile and move our high spec equipment including PS5s and gaming PCs, between venues. Our structured sessions provide a sociable space to game casually or competitively. We also provide educational talks at our sessions on topics such as mental health, youth violence or careers in the esports industry.
Context of the role
We are now in an exciting period of expansion as we look to meet the overwhelming demand from the local community for our sessions. We need to secure funding to build up internal capacity and look to get a fixed venue in the next year. With an innovative model and a dedicated core team the candidate will be a part of one of the most exciting new ventures in the London social enterprise space.
Grant funding is and will continue to be our core funding stream that allows us to hold our free gaming sessions and support operational costs. To be able to meet our ambitious growth targets we require someone with significant experience in this area to really step up both the quality and quantity of our grant applications. The role will take accountability for submitting bespoke, relevant and high quality grant applications for a wide range of existing and new grant providers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience in drafting and submitting grant applications for Charities or Social Enterprises/CICs
- Adaptable approach to work in order to handle multiple grant deadlines and priorities
- Understanding of South London (Lambeth / Southwark) grant application landscape
- Prior experience with funding youth organisations
- Ability to work unsupervised and remotely
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Right to work in the UK
Your responsibilities in the role:
- Quickly grasp our organisation’s objectives, strategy and funding needs
- Support defining our grant application and fundraising strategy and helping shape the pipeline of applications
- Draft and submit relevant grant applications to a high standard
- Potentially manage volunteer fundraisers
- Work with the core team on the reporting and monitoring requirements of successful grants
Check out our website: esportsyouthclub.org and our Instagram @esportsyouthclub to see more details on what we deliver.