South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
As part of the Digital Innovation team, you will drive ongoing development, improvement, and deployment of a growing number of digital Climate Solutions. You will be a key part of turning decades worth of knowledge and experience, gained by expert consultants, into new digital products.
We work with Global Fortune 500 leading companies and industry leaders all over the world, companies that have a real impact on climate change. And you will build the technology that they use to take action and reach their net-zero goals. Then we will take the lessons learned and knowledge gained and deliver the means for clients to take real climate action, whatever their needs, whatever their goals, whatever the complexity.
Our digital products are new and improving and have room for new ideas and passionate contributors. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment where change is constant. The development team uses Agile methodologies where all roles collaborate to complete each unit of work. This means communication, and interpersonal skills are a must.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and test backend application code
- Work with PMs and frontend developers to deliver against a roadmap you have agreed
- Apply best practices in server security
- Develop performant GraphQL resolvers
- Improve database queries for more throughput and scalability
- Support other team members through code reviews and continuous feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent practical experience - Proficiency with TypeScript & Node.js
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL (preferably Apollo) and knowledge of building pleasant APIs
- Substantial experience working with Postgres databases and object–relational mapping
- Confidence in creating Docker images for continuous deployments
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies and tackle new climate solution specific problems
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Practical experience with Typesense search engine - Experience with Prisma Data Mapper ORM
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.