Here at Beryl we have a clear vision... to build a better world by getting more people in cities on bikes. Our aim is to be the UK's leading micro-mobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. We care about safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Headed up by Emily Brooke, the British inventor and entrepreneur known for developing the Beryl (formerly Blaze) Laserlights used for Santander Cycles, our Head Office space is based in East London and our Manchester office in Trafford Park. It is here that critical product design decisions are made, supported by a best-in-class Tech Dev Department.
Teams which support the infrastructure of the business also play a key role in our success, from Operations, Finance and People, to Business Development, Sales and Marketing. Our network of bike workshops are strategically positioned to support our local markets, all underpinned by a dedicated customer service team...
Beryl is growing...fast...and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
We are looking for someone to join us to deliver support for our existing and upcoming bike- and e-scooter share schemes. You will become a key component of the team by helping to support our customers as well as our on-street teams in day-to-day operations.
- Responding to our customers via Intercom live chat, telephone and email in a polite, courteous manner - always going the extra mile to resolve their question, problem or concern
- Act as liaison between our customers and the on-street team
- Accurately documenting all interactions across the various schemes
- Triaging any technical issues and escalating them if necessary
- Planning daily schedules and operational tasks for the team out in the field
- Make yourself familiar with our bike lights and provide excellent customer service for our retail customers
- Suggesting feature improvements for our products based on the interactions you’re having with customers
- Work with other departments on the development of our systems and schemes
We need someone who:
- Can communicate confidently and courteously, both written and over the phone
- Is able to juggle and prioritise lots of different tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Customer support or operational experience preferred
- Is a fast learner and can understand our technology quickly
- Is able to learn and follow processes
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Is interested in career development
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Your birthday day off
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Family and friends product discounts
Please note; this role is shift-based, our hours of operation are 6.30am-9pm from Monday to Sunday. Each shift is 10 hours long and you will work 4 days every week, having 3 days off. This means some weekend work, and either an early, daytime or late shift (this will rotate) are involved.
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. To make sure we are supporting all staff, we have two mental health first aiders and take care to look out for one another. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.