So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
In your role as an Operational Delivery manager, you will be responsible for the day to date management and coordination of the growing Energy Independence delivery team. You’ll be responsible for creating a performance-driven culture that places a high value on ownership, accountability, career development and transparency to both your individual team members and the delivery function. Your experience has prepared you to deliver world class customer service to our solar customers from the first customer contact to the final completion of their solar installation. You’ll be confident in identifying key process improvement requirements and implementing them where appropriate. You’ll be customer obsessed and ensure your team deliver world class customer service to each one of our new customers. You will be responsible for ensuring pricing accuracy, protect and grow profit margins, and deliver solar and battery installations accurately on the first attempt. Your enthusiasm will not only be focused on decarbonisation and renewable energy but also on empowering, developing, and organising your staff to enhance efficiency and drive growth.
• Create and maintain a “Person Culture” by utilising your strong interpersonal skills to engage and develop your team
• Lead operational responsibilities to ensure team members are compliant with the instal delivery journey
• Taking ownership of delivering ‘right first time’ installs
• Own and resolve queries from internal and external customers, and 3rd parties
• Create and manage ongoing relationships with contractors, including data driven performance management
• Skilled in resolving conflicts and driven by a passion to address any issues with a solutions-oriented mindset
• Allocate team resources where appropriate to deliver against business needs and drive team to deliver against targets
• Consistently focused on process improvement, including shaping and improving the installation process.
• Proactive management of onsite issues, supporting any day to day blockers and finding solutions
- Experience of operations and business management
- Experience in developing process improvements
- IT Literacy (and CRM experience)
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail with a dedication to meeting and exceeding timescales
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Naturally curious and able to deal with ambiguity and solving problems ad hoc
- Thrives under pressure and relishes removing non essential obstacles to ensure success
- Starting salary: £42,000, (up to 10% performance based bonus and generous commission package to be confirmed).
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attach an up-to-date version of your CV.