Job Title: SQL Finance Engineer
Salary: Dependent on Experience + up to 20% yearly bonus + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re building an amazing team in and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven SQL Finance Engineer.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic SQL Data Warehouse Engineer to join a small, hard-working, positive-thinking team. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Data Analytics team to provide data models used to drive business decisions. The role will be flexible, with rare visits to your nearest office which will be accommodating to your schedule.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours.
- Passionate about Data
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge of T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions
- Experience of Extracting, Mapping and Cleaning Data.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse designs and the concepts of ETL/ELT.
- Wants to learn, and further their own knowledge as well as support the team by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment
- Exposure to PowerBI
- Exposure to DevOps and tools such as Jira, GitHub and Source Control
- Experience of SSRS and SSIS
- Exposure to programming languages, especially DAX, Python and R
What you will be working on:
Maintaining and developing the Business’s Data Warehouse by:
- Implementing best practices for database architecture
- Understanding the various sources of data and transforming them into a simple design
- Supporting the automation of financial calculations and reporting requirements
Working with key stakeholders by:
- Creating and maintaining data tables and extracts for analysts and report writers
- Collaborate with the Data Team to create, test and deploy data models that are efficient and well documented.
- Creating and maintaining Power BI reports for finance
Continuous improvement of the Business data
- Self-learning to understand tools and data used within the Business
- Understanding the full journey of the data, from the processes used to create it, to the visualisations it populates to drive business decisions.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.