GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
GoHenry offers a debit card and app for kids and teens and companion apps for the family, with in-app tools for sending money, automating allowance, managing chores, setting savings goals, giving to charity, and in-app financial education lessons where kids can watch videos, take quizzes and earn points & badges. This is all designed to help kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
The GoHenry Technology team is adding a Finance Professional Business Owner to work alongside our Accounting and FP&A teams.
The candidate will be responsible for understanding the requirements proposed by the Financial Accounting and FP&A teams, and translating those requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications that the engineering and data team can work with.
What you will do
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work closely with the Financial Accounting and FP&A teams and develop a deep understanding of requirements and functionality that they would like to implement
- Write detailed functional and technical specifications that the engineering and data team can work with. This includes workflow diagrams, database models and pseudo-algorithm.
- Proactively project managed the execution of the business plan with the engineering and data team within an agile environment including continuous delivery, quality management and document maintenance.
- Work with the Financial Accounting team to understand, map and document the transactions/funds flows and develop and improve reconciliations.
- Implement interfacing between various financial and other systems
You will be involved in very diverse projects such as business modeling, financial reconciliation, and accounting across the different countries we are operating in.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years’ proven project management experience within a Financial team in Payment or Banking
- Strong technical skills such as Python, SQL, BigQuery, Looker or Tableau
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific functional or technical assignment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills in a data rich environment and the ability to collaborate with finance and non-finance partners are key attributes
- Demonstrable experience with both P&L and cohort models
- High proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets environment
- Experience with implementing reconciliations
- Experience in implementing interfaces between various financial systems
Nice to have:
- A degree in Finance, Computer Science or Maths
What we’re offering
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (Office / Home a mix of both)
- 33 days of holiday (including public holidays)
- An additional day off on your birthday (or any other day in the same week)
- Family-friendly leave policies
- Death in service – 4x your annual salary from month 1
- Enhanced maternity leave – 20 weeks full basic pay after 2 years’ service and 26 weeks full basic pay after 3 years’ service
- Paternity leave – 4 weeks full pay after probation
- Westfield Cash Health Plan (for you and your children)
- Westfield surgery plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Mental health platform – Open up
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We’re proud to say...
● We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
● We’re one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
● We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
● We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
● Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts
● We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
GoHenry is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re on a mission to foster a diverse & inclusive workplace. Individuals seeking employment at GoHenry are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to join our mission?
If GoHenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the link below.