Patch Places - Twickenham Community & Events Executive
Permanent contract. Role to commence: May 2023
£24,000 + company equity
Hospitality - Startups - Growth opportunity - Community leader - Events coordinator
At Patch, we’re building happier, more balanced lives for commuters and their communities in the ‘Work Near Home’ era. Our mission is to empower millions of people to work near to what matters to them, by building a national network of community-led, Work Near Home coworking clubs.
We operate beautifully designed spaces to do productive work in your local high street. We also support cultural, non-work activities that make our towns great places to live. We invite both members and non members to make every Patch a destination near home, at all times of the week.
We are transforming a prominent art deco building, just moments from Church Street, into a distinctive centre for community, work, public events and education. You are reading this because you want to be a key part of this vision.
Patch is hiring a Community & Events Executive, a critical role working alongside the site director to build a high street hub of professional and cultural activity in Twickenham.
Your work at its core will be focused on forging connections with members and the local community, bringing joy to the daily lives of members on the site, and supporting the community in promotion of the neighbourhood's local identity and autonomy with locally led events.
The Twickenham team will be supported to build their vision, and you will work closely with the Site Director to develop one of the most exciting destinations in town. An equity ownership opportunity will be presented to you.
Your responsibilities will include:
Creating a vibrant and engaging community home:
- Create the best day at work and place to be. Ensure an efficient and high quality customer experience for everyone who walks into Patch.
- Create connections between members of different organisations by planning and launching community initiatives, both between members and with external users.
- Excellence in the everyday - Support queries, replenish supplies, and handle necessary administrative items to ensure the efficient operation of the space on a daily basis.
- Ensure maximum availability for key facilities assets such as WiFi, kitchen, and printers/copiers.
- Encourage fresh ideas and a sense of inclusivity.
Events planning and execution
- Direct a quarterly calendar of co-working events that engages all stakeholders:
Lead generation and sales-related events
Community led events
- Coordinate all aspects of an event, from catering to check-in to cleanup.
- Raise invoices and manage reconciliations for events.
- You may occasionally be prepared to work outside the core business opening hours when required, utilising the venue on weekends and evenings where possible to maximise site efficiency and revenue. Time off in lieu can be arranged.
- Provide support to the Site Director when required by leading tours, following up, and being positive to convert customer conversations into confirmed memberships.
- Work with the Site Director to develop Patch Twickenham's vision
- Develop and launch site-specific value-added projects that you are passionate about.
- Whenever necessary, assist the Site Director in leading prospective members on tours.
- Ensure Patch Twickenham's development involves community leaders
- Participate in relevant events hosted by the local community.
- Retain a positive relationship with key suppliers and local vendors.
What we’re looking for
We believe that building the very best company means we bring the very best people into the company, regardless of race, gender, background, religion, disability or sexuality. If you’re as excited as we are about the work near home vision, we want to hear your voice.
You are likely to have the following traits:
- An exceptional people-person with a warm, open personality and the ability to set an example for others. You treat every customer as a gift.
- You thrive at multitasking and enjoy wearing multiple hats at the same time.
- A proactive, responsible person who takes the initiative to solve problems.
- Positive outward energy with a passion for making people happy.
- Pride in all that makes Twickenham great.
- Your hands-on approach and willingness to roll up your sleeves make you an ideal candidate. Whether it's moving tables for an event or helping a member book a meeting room via The Patch App.
- First principles thinking, willing and able to solve knotty problems without prior knowledge. You are resourceful, action-oriented, and motivated.
- Curiosity and optimism. You don't know what the future holds, but you always think of ways it could be better, and you're eager to build it.
Typical experience will include some or all of the following:
- Experience in the hospitality, retail, or membership industries.
- Throughout your career, you have excelled at going above and beyond what was expected.
- Curating public spaces and events may interest you.
- Ability to work with social media channels confidently
- It is preferred, but not essential, to have experience using Canva or collateral design software.
Our social and environmental ambitions will resonate strongly with you. Everyone’s long term compensation plans are in part linked to the company’s performance against impact goals.
Our company values
- Don’t be a cookie cutter, be relevant.
- Celebrate and promote the potential of Twickenham
- Work and personal needs should be in concert, not in competition.
- Prioritise the personal - mental health, family and physical wellbeing.
Built to last
- We leave a place better than how we found it.
- We choose the right thing over the fast thing.
What’s in it for you?
Your learning and development is an explicit company priority. There is no limit to how far you can take your journey within Patch, or in how far we will support you in your future career.
The starting salary is £24,000, and we will develop a bonus package from year 2. You will be offered potentially life changing equity in the business
We offer an expanding range of benefits including so far:
- Private healthcare
- 1x private annual off grid retreat at Unplugged
- Cycle to work scheme
- A personal health budget
- Team Joy budget
- 28 days paid holiday + your birthday as an extra free holiday
Please apply by telling us a little about yourself via the 'Apply Now' button link in this advert, and then by sending over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond to every application with feedback and next steps.