Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus to reduce the cost of remittances and increase safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,600 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
To many companies, Customer Care means ‘phone agents’. At Zepz, you are so much more! Our Customer Care team is the heart of our business and they play a key part in creating the best experience for our customers when they contact us.
You'll get to experience working across many different channels, from email, live chat, telephony to social media. Our inhouse Training team will work closely with you to ensure you're equipped with everything you need to deliver exceptional service through the quality, speed and efficiency of your responses.
We're 24/7, multichannel and truly global. As a member of WorldRemit’s Customer Care Team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
What you will own:
Reporting to the Team Manager - Customer Care, you will:
- Manage queries on transactions via phone, chat and digital case. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers.
- Screen and verify customer’s identification.
- Review transactions and identify suspicious activities. Report and escalate suspicious activities to the relevant department.
- Research unusual or questionable transactions with the relevant department.
- Monitor and release transactions.
- Advise customers on the products WorldRemit offers.
- May be required to work in one or multiple channels depending on the business need.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree or at least high school education if accompanied by call center / contact center experience.
- At least 6 months of contact center experience; chat experience is an advantage
- Flexibility to work onsite and on a shifting schedule
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Confidence working towards targets in what can sometimes be a high pressured environment
- Tech savvy – proficient in Microsoft Office, general IT skills, data capture experience.
- A team player that can adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and service delivery focused. Always willing to go that extra mile
- The ability to communicate with people from across the globe is key as our customer base is exactly that
- The patience of a saint - there are times when customers will be unhappy unfortunately. You'll be relied on to resolve their issues whilst keeping calm and focused and maintaining a fantastic customer experience
- We're 24/7, 365 so you'll need to be flexible and able to work on a shift rotation basis. There are several shift options with staggered start times available. This will be shared during the recruitment process
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health Insurance on day one (2 free dependents)
- Group Life & Accident Insurance
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 day each quarter to use to relax, refresh and recharge
- 105 days Maternity Leave (7 days can be allocated to the father)
- 15 days Vacation Leave (5 days convertible to cash)
- 5 days Sick Leave (convertible to cash)
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below do not apply to part-time, contractor or temporary roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected..
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire.
Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1600+ employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization. While Zepz supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
At Zepz we record interviews using Metaview (https://metaview.ai). It helps us become better interviewers by recording and transcribing our interviews, and ensures we interview candidates in a fair & consistent manner. It is not required. Please let us know if you’d like to opt out of the use of Metaview - this will not affect the outcome of your interview.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.